July 20th was a big day! Mindy, a good friend of ours, got married! She was/is beautiful and it was such a nice day. I'm so glad we could be there for it.
July 20th was a very busy day as well. Adam ran the 5K at Draper Days that morning. He ran the whole time! Good job! And then came home to help me run the marathon that was our day that day. As Adam was coming home I was going through a mental checklist for the day, and realized that we still hadn't renewed our temple recommends all the way. We had gotten part of it done with our bishop but still needed to meet with a stake presidency member. Well luckily Adam knew who to call, we met with the 1st counselor and were set. HOWEVER on our way home Adam had dropped his somewhere and we hit our second road block of the morning. I was determined to leave by Noon so we could be to the sealing on time. It was proving to be a challenge. Well Adam found his recommend in front of the 1st counselor's house, he came back home, I had packed us lunches and Rachel had been dropped off and we were in the car and pulling out of the drive way at 11:57.
When we hit Centerville there was a slow of traffic, but it thankfully cleared quickly. We even had time to stop at Smith and Edwards and find some new treasures. We got to the temple right on time, got Connor fed and headed inside. I'm glad that they ask you to arrive early to the temple. It's nice to just sit and mediate before things begin. It puts you in the right state of mind. It was a beautiful sealing. I am very happy for our dear friend, who is now a wife and mother! She is amazing.
We had to leave after taking a few pictures to get to the Goff Family Reunion. (see next blog post)
It was a wonderful day. all the way from Draper to Brigham City to Ogden and back home again.
5k, Check.
Wedding, check.
Happy Children, check.
Family Reunion, Check.
Swimming, Check.
$1.67 in the checking account, check.
(seriously. It was a good thing I packed a lunch for everyone.)
Oh and the thing that made my day was finding this car on the side of the road in Brigham City. I loved it! So so cute!




2 comments:
You were definitely living right that day. Sometimes we just live life on the wings of opportunity and silent prayers. You are being blessed for all the good things you do. Sounds like my life seemed for many years as I raised our family
Boy! I can relate, though that is an awfully scary amount in good ole checking. ha ha! Been there. Looking forward (am I?) to having those well-timed errands with newborn.
Post a Comment