I'm still up in Ogden as most of you know, doing my clinicals M-F. Last Monday I left in utter despair. I am going to again blame that on the fact that I'm pregnant and can cry at the drop of the hat. Most of the time I can harness it and hold it in, but in front of my cute hubby, I just can't. So I drove off in tears. It's not that I'm not enjoying my rotation, it just sucks being away from him all freaking week (Mom, if you are reading this, sorry I said suck, but in this case the verbiage fit.) Plus the fact that it has been rainy 100% of the time lately (knock on wood, it's beautiful today and yesterday...but the weather man says we are in for more) may have made me a little more weepy. When the skies weep I weep with them. After a long day at the hospital, I made my way home to Grandma and Grandpa Goff's house. I gave Adam a little ring to see how his day went. He said he had just gotten off the bus, I asked him if he would check if something came in the mail when he got home. He said sure, but it might be a little hard. Hard? Why? Well, because he was standing outside Grandma and Grandpa Goff's house! He decided I needed a little surprise and came up to visit. We decided to go out and get scones at our favorite place in Ogden, Jeremiahs. SO GOOD! (And so bad for you. :))
After we stopped at IFA just for some fun. I haven't held a baby chicken in a long time and they were just unloading them as well pulled in. They let me help get them into their little cages. DIVERSION-In first grade we hatched some chickens and then had them in the classroom for a while before taking them to the farm. One day we were taking a test, something like multiplication tables, and I was sitting in the back near the baby chicks. Suddenly the chicks toppled over the little cardboard box they called home and were running in a line right against the wall toward the door. (can you just see them! Heave ho!) I was so scared to say something in fear my teacher would get upset and fail me out of first grade for talking during a test. Finally I couldn't hold it in any longer-if these baby chick's lives meant I would be held back, so be it! I yelled, "Ms. Wallace! The chicks are escaping!!!! The class was instantly in an uproar and I led the chase down the hallway as we tried to corner them one by one. It was chaos! Best memory of elementary school though- AND WERE BACK! IFA was great.
Adam spent the night too. It definitely made my week 1000 billion times better. Thanks lovey.
(Sorry we don't have any actual pictures of this event, but hopefully these ones helped illustrate the picture.)
Last weekend was ARUP's Family Lagoon Day. My mom had a few extra passes so we got to go for free! This was great, since I couldn't ride many of the rides anyways, but I did ride the skycoaster, the screamer, the carousel and the new Bombora roller coaster. They were all pretty low key. The screamer has been my favorite ride since I can't even remember when. I wonder if baby liked it too?
Here I am on the stork, at 23 weeks. Finally starting to look a little prego...but it might have been the 3#'s of jell-o salad I had for lunch...awe well!
Just this Saturday was the Clayton Family triple shower! Missy, Ashley and I are all due about 2 weeks apart. Missy is Due August 15, Ashley is due early September, and Me on the 24th. Oh Danielle is pregnant too! I just found out at the shower, and she is due the day after me, September 25th! It's going to be an awesome year! I failed to take pictures, so go see Mama Jan's blog for that shortly I'm sure. But I did happen to take a picture of the burp cloths I made for Ashley and Missy. The middle is made of minky material, so it's nice and soft for baby's face. They were really fun to make, and I saved just enough material to make a few for myself too.
:)
Oh one more picture to share. On the way home, Mama Jan took Kenzie and I to a mortuary...ok, it's not weird. She wanted to show us this really cool statue and I'm glad she did! It was amazing! It really is uncanny how much the old lady looks like Grandma Clayton. This picture doesn't even do it justice, so when you are all out here make sure you have Mom take you to the mortuary...and again, that's not weird! OK!





6 comments:
I'm so glad you took a picture of the statue. I'm even more glad you are tenderhearted and deeply in love with Adam. I'm glad he feels the same way about you -- enough to surprise you and go to Ogden to spend the night with you. The story of the chicks was so funny. I can just see 2 dozen first graders dashing along the hallways chasing chicks. You were SO BRAVE to alert your teacher before something terrible happened to them.
I loved reading your update! And the story about the chicks was so funny! I am interested to check out the statue that looks like Grandma Clayton. Which mortuary is it at?
Yay--I'm glad you got to make your burp cloths! It was fun running into you the other day. :)
umm.. Jessica?! Why didn't you tell me you moved blogs. I thought you just deleted yours!
Well you are still beautiful and so is your future baby girl! I know it!
Great post! And you're looking lovely as well. That is a neat statue too. I've never seen that one.
Wow you guys look great an are getting so prepared. You are darling Jessica. What a fun time with family.
Post a Comment