Friday, December 7, 2012

Lately

 Family Picture brought to you by Uncle Darell.
 Adam went on a Guys Night Out, and headed to the NightSide Project broadcast from KSL News Radio. Alex, one of the personalities, lives in our ward and since he couldn't come to the activity due to work they thought they would bring the party to him. Cool!
 We visited Becky on her birthday. It was quite cold, but we like this tradition as a way to keep her memory alive.
 Then it was off to visit Grandpa Clayton for his birthday as well! Olivia thought he was pretty funny.
 Our dear friends, the Doty's, invited us to Disney on Ice. Good thing I found this awesome minnie costume for $3 after Halloween. It was perfect. It was amazing!
 Downton Abbey. We had a teaparty with Josh and Nick to celebrate the 3rd season being discovered online. I'm through episode 5, so don't tell me what happens! The tea was a tea from adam's mission, which is delicious...not sure what we will do when we run out. (Trip to Europe I guess to stock up.) The cookies were from the lastest book I'm reading, English Trifle. They are so easy and so buttery. (seriously I think we calculated approx 2 tsp per cookie.)
High Tea Lemon Cookies
Cookies-
2 cups butter
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/2 cups corn starch (seriously)
Beat butter until creamy, add sugar, lemon zest and vanilla, Add flour and cornstarch. Do NOT refidgeriate. Roll into 1 inch balls, and place about an inch apart on the baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. 
Lemon Glaze-
4 TBSP Butter
3/4 tsp lemon zest
1/4-1/3 cup lemon juice
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar. 
Combine and drizzle over cooled cookies. (PS I omitted the butter in the glaze and it was still really good!)
 Last Friday we went to Scheels. What an adventure. Turns out I'm still scared of heights. The Ferris wheel was not a good idea. But we did get a picture with this skunk. Cool. We didn't get anything but we did have an awesome scavenger hunt.
Olivia spent a couple hours with G+G Clayton, and after realizing that they have cartoons and crackers they were fast friends. Olivia loved playing the drums, piano and organ with the help of G+G.

6 comments:

LMemory said...

aaaaah! will you send me the link for downton abbey? i have only been able to see the first episode!

drans007 said...

I love those random every day posts with all your adventures. Isn't life through the eyes of a children amazing?

Lisa said...

Olivia looks so cute in her costume

janc@mac.com said...

So many fun times! Glad we have been part of the fun too. I loved that Minnie costume!

Blogful said...

Love the pictures. Your hair is the perfect length right now. Go Downton!

Paige said...

where the heck can you watch season 3 online????