Friday, September 28, 2012

Quick Smash Blog-The Greatest State Fair in the State

Olivia working on the taxes.
climing into Narnia (IE her room through the closet door.)
Sometimes we forget to clean up after eating.
Just shy of 1 year.
Getting ready for the wagon ride
Mina

We went to the State Fair on Sept 17th, and enjoyed the sites. It really is the greatest state fair in Utah. :) Ok, the fair is kind of a weird experience to be honest, but we love the animals and it's fun to look at all the craft entrys. The booths are just kind of cheep, but I guess we save money that way.
It happened to be the cattlemen cook off day, so we enjoyed a super steak sandwich that was the most tender meat I have ever eaten.
Riding Tractor at the State Fair

Quilt Entry


Bubbles
The Osmond-Funnel Cake
Butter scuplture
This was amazing! All made of individual pieces of wood!
not just farm animals at the fair anymore.
bunnies that were actually for sale. I know they are stinky, but I've ALWAYS wanted a pet dwarf rabbit.
This baby calf was born that morning, not even 10 hours old! Mom was very nervous of the crowds, so they gave her a nice big pen. Even so, she was very protective.
Most of the other cows you could go right up and pet them! This is one of the Dairy cows.

2 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

You like the same parts of the Fair that I like -- quilts, crafts, and animals. So glad you got Cutie Pie beginning to love farm animals up close.

Lisa said...

Looks like Oliva wants a cow