Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Happy Birthday Little Girl!

Can you believe she is really one!? I've been preparing all week for today, getting food and decorations. Thank goodness for amazing friends **DANIELLE**GENNA**ELIZABETH** THIS MEANS YOU!!!! Seriously. Couldn't have done it without all of you. Thanks to the Tu's too for the awesome bounce house. It was a huge hit!
Biggest thanks  has to go to my Mom and of course my WONDERFUL and 105% devoted husband who pulled me through the cake crisis. Phew. Glad it's over, but I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out. Thanks to all the beautiful friends and family that showed up for the occasion.
A special shout out to John, who traveled all the way from CA to come for the big day! WOW!
-------------------->Exit Emmy's Stage Left.

Now to relive the event through photos. Enjoy! (and they ARE NOT in order. SORRY!)

 The set up. Menu consisted of: chicken salad sandwiches (80 of them) a huge bag of chips and 60 cupcakes and about 30 pounds of fruits and veggies...leftovers of 10 sandwiches, 3 pounds of fruit and veggies (approx.), 12 cupcakes and No chip crumbs. Take that menu planners. I got this down.
 Bouncy house courtesy of the Tu family. It was a huge hit! Also note, do not leave crayons in the sun, they WILL melt; especially if in a glass jar.
 24 strawberries to define the theme. They were fun to make but pinking shears are beastly. Next time I'll just cut them straight with iron on interfacing.
 Pom-Poms or as Adam calls them, Fushie Balls. :) Bring on the fush!
 Best recipe for icing ever. HOWEVER do drain the strawberries after letting the soak or it gets a little runny.
8 oz cream cheese, 2 sticks unsalted butter, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 1/2 lbs powdered sugar, 1 lbs strawberries. cut strawberries, and place half in bowl covered with approx 3 Tbsp sugar-let sit for 30 minutes, drain, then mash. bring cream cheese and butter to room temp. Beat until fluffy add vanilla, add powdered sugar. add sugared strawberries and blend. Fold in other half of strawberries in.
  Meet strawberry. The Party Mascot.
 Getting ready for cake!-This little doll was on top of my Mom's first birthday cake, my cake and now Olivia's!
 Sweet Bella just loves Olivia. They keep each other busy during sacrament meetings. She was also one of our sunbeams.
 More Strawberries!
 Toward the end of the party, it was a little hot outside, so a few of the men came inside to watch a slideshow and cool off.
 Cake being shared all around.
The Smathers Family. Another family I just love. Paige is also an RD and we swap babysitting days. It's perfect.
Family in the shade.
Sweet Oscar! We are so glad you are with us! He and Olivia often play during priesthood, while his mom and I serve in primary together.
So glad Aspen and Liv could make it! It was fun to reconnect with old friends.
Dave and Cam Doty. Need I say more? Love them!
Genna and Baby Adelaide (Andrew should just be getting home as I type this). Thank you so much for all your help with decorations!
Family!
Proud G+G Brothers. Love the stoic baby face.
Tyler and Annie came to represent the Clayton side. It was a rough weekend for most of them to make it. But we still feel your love! Tyler had a blast in the bouncy house
Reunited and it feels so good.
Love that I can pull her hair up now.
Cooper and Harvey, also enjoying the bouncy house, couldn't get them to look at the camera I guess.
Matthew and Cam leaving notes on the birthday banner. That's all you need, a roll of butcher paper and crayons-activity done!
She's not a baby anymore! (tear)
Look! you can actually see her two little teeth that arrive 2 weeks before she turned 1.
Mina lives across the street. She and Olivia like to sit and chat.
Jayden, Mina's older brother, turned 5 just 2 days before Olivia.
Decorated highchair and gifts.
It took her awhile, but she finally dug in.




Then she wanted a fork, so polite.
Just having a good time. I think we had about 50 people show up! It was a blast!
The Spread. Chicken

Aspen getting her color on.
Bella gave Olivia her own Dora doll, she explained to her mother it was the only thing that was good enough because, "It's her favorite thing to play with at church!"
Can't believe it's been a year.
Grandma wanted some cake too. So we let her have some. :)
Olivia and Cousin Xochil
Go Grandma.
Opening presents.
Fisher-Price. You got to love the classics
Cute Strawberry dress from Grandma Tina was perfect for the party.
What a fun day.
I made Olivia a cradle (well I bought the cradle and gussied it up a bit) for her baby doll.
Great Grandpa Goff

banner by Rachel! Thanks for making it sister!

12 comments:

LMemory said...

DANG Gina! That was right out of Pinterest! You could do that for a living! I'm freaking out over the huge spread. Looks amazing. And everybody looks beautiful. And I was there in spirit. Love you. Way to be :) Olivia's going to love these pics some day.

Blogful said...

You guys really know how to party! Wish we could have been there. I'm going to hire you as a party planner one day.

Liv said...

Olivia is darling! So glad she had such a wonderful birthday with so many friends and family.

Lindsey said...

Happy Birthday Olivia!!! Wow that year sure went by fast! She gets cuter everyday! Looks like it was a fun party!

janc@mac.com said...

WOW!!! and DOUBLE WOW!! We really missed the social event of the century and were so sorry we had already booked flights that couldn't be changed. The one-year BD parties had by Tongan families couldn't hold a candle to this. And Jess, have you thought about being a party and event hostess and hiring out? You have a special talent and energy most of us never had!!!

Annie said...

It was an awesome party! Everything looked great! I loved the strawberry theme and her strawberry dress, so cute!

Lisa said...

Love the strawberry theme. It looks like Oliva had lots of fun.

Heidi said...

Wow this is amazing!!! What a fun party and what a great turnout! Olivia looked darling and I just loved everything little thing about it. Way to go mama!

Saratoga Six said...

What a shin dig! That Olivia sure looks like a darling hostess on her strawberry first birthday. Way to throw a darling party!

drans007 said...

My my goodness. You guys are amazing. I had no idea you had such a fun and memorable first BD for Olivia! Looks like all ages had equal fun. We sure love you. Olivia is extremely cute in every shot :)

Unknown said...

epic. loved every minute and every bite.

Dangcutekids said...

LOVE all the strawberries decorations and gorgeous food. Olivia's dress so darling. You really threw a party! Looks like O loved her yummy cake too!