This week we had 2 date nights! Woah! Lucky ducks.A couple of years ago the Hicken's suggested podcast to us called RadioLab. Our lives have been forever changed.
RadioLab is:
a show about curiosity. Where sound illuminates ideas, and the boundaries blur between science, philosophy, and human experience.
I've always been a fan of the radio circuit. I got my first tape player/AMFM radio when I was 6 and would sit in my room for HOURS, seriously hours, and record radio shows, songs and occasionally myself and siblings. Best "toy" I ever had.
Another one of my favorites is Prairie Home Companion. They did a live show about 5 years ago that I was privileged enough to attend as well. Watching a radio show seems a little weird, but it really is so cool.
Back to our dates this week. Tuesday Adam was able to score us some FREE tickets to a symposium RadioLab was doing at the Museum of Natural History. Dan and Kenzie came with us as well. They discussed how the show is made and shared a few snippets from past shows including two of my favorites, DAF16 and LOOPS. ("Sometimes behaves so strangely."-Those of you who listen will know what I'm talking about...I get this stuck in my brain all the time.)
On Thursday we went to a live show at the Capitol Theater...amazing show, but too bad that theater has about the suckiest (yes Dad, sometimes that word does fit the best) sound. Ah well. We were still delighted to be there. They discussed "The Dark." The show mainly focused on the evolution of sight, and then also touched on what it is to be blind, and the extremes of light and dark in outer space ending with an incredible story about an astronaut that got locked out of the space station! They were accompanied by some modern dancers, a musician, and the talented Demetri Martin.
Symposium
Capitol
It was stellar.
Thanks for the date hubby!
PS, Cari. They looked much like I pictured them, but no picture of Jhad does him justice. The camera is not so kind to his face. :o) This was the best one I could find, that actually looks like what we saw.

3 comments:
Sounds like lots of fun!
Very jealous. We are huge fans. So cool you got to see it AND hear it.
Yea for date nights!
Post a Comment