Anyways, life here in our humble abode is quite nearly perfect. If I could just ask for one thing it would be snow, and no more inversion. Ok, so that's two, but their kind of related.
![]() |
| Buy me this shirt |
Have I ever told you about Olivia's gas? Oh my. Well, if I haven't told you about it all you would have to do is come here and smell it and the stench would speak for itself. She has been a rooty tooty baby since she was first born. The doctors and every book I've read told me that if your baby is exclusively breastfed (and she is) it shouldn't be such an issue. Well, update your books, cuz it is. When she was little they would be quite loud so at least we would have some warning. But the past 2 weeks or so they have become "silent, yet deadly." Oh. so. deadly. This morning she let one and a minute or so later I could still smell it so I thought, "maybe she messed her pants." So I go to check and just as I poke my little nose down there to make sure she lets another one. I nearly cried. tears of pain. She grinned at me very wide after that. Oh you are just too cute for words. All is forgiven.
The worst part is if we are in the grocery store or some other public place. If she lets one go you better believe everyone thinks it's me. "It's not me! It's the baby!" Ah, yeah right lady.
Dear baby. If you ever bring home a boy and he is NOT acceptable I will print out this story and tell them that you are still super stinky. So he better love you a lot-or "hit the road jack, or you ain't gonna smell no more."
Maybe we should invest in a natural gas vehicle.

2 comments:
Ha ha! Too funny. Is it something you are eating? Every once in a while when my baby is stinky, I sniff to double check there's poo and then go change the diaper. But when i get it open, no poo, meaning I just huffed gas. Yuck!
Ha ha!! Okay, so Bruce's gas used to be SO bad too. Really horrific, super loud and smelly. I thought it was just him :) We had to switch to formula for medical reasons, and honestly, his gas is so much more quiet and less smelly... So from experience, I don't buy what the docs say. On the other hand, I would take breastfed poop over formula poop any day!
Post a Comment