Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Downton

Ok, so when Olivia was born and I would be sitting there forever feeding her I would watch episodes of Downton Abbey. LOVE. Well right before we started the no TV deal I saw the first episode of the second session. GAH! I don't know what I was thinking giving it up! I missed it so much! I have been fretting for Anna and Mr. Bates! They are by far my two favorite. So new exception to the rule...
6. You can watch TV if it's a new episode of Downton Abbey.
Ok, let's be real there have been a few other exceptions, but for the vast majority our TV time has greatly diminished, and I always think twice before flipping the switch. I'm glad that we had a month of detox almost completely, and now we are just going to continue our quest with the principle in mind. There is no need to feel guilty when watching TV a little here and there, but mindless watchers we are NO MORE.
Cheers.

7 comments:

Laura Collard said...

Seriously impressed!

Blogful said...

I also love Downtown. Hutch teases me and says it's a total soap opera and that I'd like Days of Our Lives if it was based in victorian era. He's probably right because I find myself rather pathetic on Sunday nights at 9

janc@mac.com said...

Hang in there. You'll look back and think of all the other good things you got done in your life rather than tube time.

Ken said...

Jennifer and I also have been enjoying Downton by DVR'ing the episodes and watching at more convenient times. The kids don't get why we are cracking up at the Dowager's zingers.

Dangcutekids said...

Way to go what a great resolution.

Tina said...

I loved Downtown Abbey!! We were able to get all the past episodes on netflix and both grandpa and I thoroughly enjoyed them! TV is OK as long as it is truly worth watching, ( football is "truly worth watching" so says the grandpa) We have given up watching TV totally while we are in Orlando ! Hum, could that be because we only have a dinky 19 inch TV in this apartment??

Heidi said...

Love Downton!