Sunday, January 15, 2012

Adam and I have been talking about going on a "no TV" deal for quite some time. Well guess what, it's begun! Yeah, it's hard to give up those shows that we love, and though the first week or two may cause some aggressive habits as we detox, I think it will be good for our family. My family did it when we were little kids, and really I have some good memories from those years. There are a few exceptions we decided.
1. If watching TV in nessecary for a school assignment it's ok.
2. If you are watching a workout video, it's ok.
3. If you really need a moment to zone, you can watch the LDS.org clips of the gospel messages or conference talks.
4. On rare occasion going to watch a movie as a family activity is ok, but it's a treat.
Feel free to join us if you want! We would love to hear/see what you are doing with your life free of the one-eyed monster. (Also, January 12th, 2013 we will be watching the whole 1st season of "Once Upon A Time" and 2012's episodes of "Modern Family" so come join us if you want.)

4 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

I've been on this plan all of my married life. There are so many good things to be doing in life and so many people who need friends and support, TV is just a time waster to me. Congratulations on this decision. You'll be happier too, not having the attitudes and values of TV characters to influence your own.

Danny, Katherine, Miles, Violet and Nora said...

we just barely checked out once upon a time last night! we meant to watch one episode, but i'm pretty sure we watched about 5. (i was sick in bed!)also, if you want to add us to your private blog, that would rock my socks. katherine.l.bueno@gmail

Danny, Katherine, Miles, Violet and Nora said...

we watched about 5 episodes of once upon a time last night! (i was sick in bed.) we just wanted to check it out and ended up really getting into it! also, here's my email- katherine.l.bueno@gmail.com

Annie said...

Matt and I went without TV (no TV in our apartment) for 3 years when we were first married and both in school. We loved it! I will have to tell you more about our experience sometime. We currently don't watch TV very much. That experience going without TV taught me a lot about how much junk there really is on TV, and when you watch it a lot you become desensitized to the "junk". And also how much of a time waster it can be. Which is why we went without TV when we were both in school, so we could focus on studying and more important things. Ok, here I am telling our whole experience... I won't take up any more of your time and I will tell you more later. :-)