Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Things I love about being prego

3 more days....3 more days...can anyone else feel the tension in the air? It's kind of like the day before Christmas, or the day before the U vs BYU game. So much hope and so much anticipation. Let's hope that this delivery is more like Christmas and less like football.

1. Baby Hiccups
2. Putting a nursery together
3. Thicker hair
4. My doctor
5. Fuzzy Baby Blankets
6. Rubbing my belly
7. Running out of breath and blaming it on the fact that I'm pregnant. Even though I'm sure I would have been out of breath even if I wasn't pregnant when we are out and about.
8. Adam getting excited to hold her
9. Adam talking to my belly
10. My PC neighbor who is not shy and totally grabbed my belly and rubbed it for like a good 3 minutes while he told me how excited he is for us. 
11. Congratulations from strangers (mainly the guy at the DI that told Adam he should smile more, after all, he was having a girl! And then said he would offer him a cigar if he had one.)
12. I can now make it to the bathroom to pee in the middle of the night with my eyes closed so I don't wake up all the way. 
13. Thinking about how it will feel to hold her in my arms. 
14. Naps in the middle of the day.
15. learning that there is no such thing as a "walking epidural"-urban legend. 
16. baby clothes
17. baby shoes
18. anything small
19. looking forward to getting back down to preprego weight. 
20. Ice cream
21. My internship is over and I just get to bask in the last month of pregnancy
22. I haven't been emotional...at least I don't think so. :)
23. Nesting. Too bad there isn't a hormone they can inject to make that happen 4 times a year. 
25. Watching Adam get excited about being a Daddy. 
26. Watching my siblings get excited to be Aunts and Uncles
27. Mom and Dad becoming Grandparents for the first time.
28. Stretch marks. I'll embrace what God gave me.
29. Cheesy Gordita Crunch. The first thing I craved after 12 weeks of being sick. 
30. Extra ultrasounds for free thanks to the NMoM2B study. 
31. The anticipation of it all.
32. day dreaming of what she will look like.
33. Grabbing her heal while she is kicking
34. My pillow nest in the bed, which Adam makes up for me every night. 
35. Reading children's books.
36. Feeling a little closer to heaven
37. That feeling when she drops down and isn't all up in my ribcage.
38. Visiting other new mommies 
39. Adam asking, "how are my girls?"
40. I haven't had a lot of swelling, and the one day I did I got excited about it..."Look! Pitting edema!"
41. Strong fingernails thanks to prenatal vitamins.
42. The fact that it has been such a mild summer.
43. Turning into one of "those people" that only blogs about their pregnancy because they can't think of anything better to share with the world.
44. Going through my old baby things. 
45. Hair bows.
46. Finding a dress I bought when I first got pregnant and then realizing it looks EXACTLY like a polygamist dress...e.x.a.c.t.l.y.
47. Going on walks and having Adam push me up the hill so it looks like I am being forced up the hill at gun point.
48. Doughnut runs.
49. Always worrying if I'm getting enough protein.
50. Calming quiet moments from the spirit.

4 comments:

LMemory said...

1. did you make this list bc you're sick of being preggo? Or just to keep forever?
2. tiny people!!!!!!!!!!
3. Dang it. There was something I was gonna say in response to one of those 50... oh well. I'll call you later and tell you it.

You're going to have a baby!!!! I'm so excited over here! Everyone of my roommates even knows you're full term right now!

Quick Fixx said...

Now there's a thoughtful creative list. Fun to read to. I remember all the excitement of being ready for my first little angel. I am so excited for your new little one. She has beautiful hair for all the bows:) And great big beautiful eyes. I could just sit and stare at a newborn all day, whether they're asleep or awake.

Saratoga Six said...

What a fun list! I'm so glad you enjoyed being prego. Your little girl is such a gorgeous angel! Congrats to you both.

jbroclayto said...

Funny that this was my last day of being pregnant! Ha ha!