Anyways, it has been a pretty awesome week. We went to a Bee's Game last week, though we didn't win it was the perfect way to finally welcome in the warm weather. It was glorious! And good company as well. We went with two old friends of mine, both from Park City, who after leaving PC fell in love and got married. YAY MARRIAGE! Thanks for the great evening John and Liz!
We also had ANOTHER ultrasound this past week. As I think we may have mentioned before I am participating in a observational research study, I get paid $50 (MAKIN' PAPER!) and get about 4 extra ultrasounds...so if you were wondering why we have all these extra pictures of our little one you know why, not to worry, I'm not a high risk pregnancy. This last one was on the day before Mother's day, so I invited my Mom and Dad to come along and see their first grandchild in person. Both of them were amazed at how clear the technology has become! Of course my youngest sibling is only 10, but even in that time the picture has improved leaps and bounds they both said. She was being pretty shy, and the ultrasound tech kept getting her to move but she would just burrow away from the prodding, however we did get to see her mouth moving like she was chewing! Which was actually really cool!
At 20 weeks my Doc (Who is the ABSOULUTE best! Dr. Howard Sharp) told me it was time to start sleeping on my side. Guhhhh...I HATE it! I am constantly waking up in the night with what I can only imagine a pressure sore would feel like on my hip, or I will wake up on my back and worry how long I have been there. I've tried all the pillows and what not, and nothing really gets me comfortable through the night. Even so, I haven't been feeling tired and have felt blessed for that.
You may or may not know, that I have started my clinical rounds at Ogden Regional Medical Center, and as such have been staying up in Ogden at my Grandma and Grandpa Goff's during the week. I lived with them when I first started college at Weber State, so it's fun to be around with them. My grandma has suffered some medical problems lately, and it is nice to be there for her. Plus, both Grandma and Grandpa feed me like there is no tomorrow! Adam is able to come visit mid-week by taking the frontrunner after school. He would take it more often, but it does take 2 hours up and 2 hours back, so we thought once a week, and lots of I-chats in-between would suffice. Needless to say the weekends become very precious and we spend every moment together. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder...and as I always say "You need to give it time to fonder." :) (that's a little inside joke between the two of us.)
Thanks for all the sweet gifts we have received in the mail! Especially the handmade blanket from Momma Jan, and The cute romper and headbands from the Dransfeilds! I'm starting to weed through our stuff to make room for our little one. I still can't believe that this is all really happening!
6 comments:
It looks like she is saying, "Hi there, family! I can't wait to join you all." We are so excited that you are getting extra special care. We are grateful also that you are willing to make the sacrifices to finish your certification before the baby comes. You will be glad to have that behind you so you can really enjoy motherhood. Have I said, we are so excited and happy for you both!!! This baby will come to a family that loves her for sure.
She looks just like you! So amazing. One side-sleeping tip: You don't actually have to be on your side, just not flat on your back. Put a pillow under half a cheek or half your back can help.
Good luck in all that baby growing. You're doing fantastic at it! (Though I am very jealous that you are still not even showing!!)
Jessica you're darling! I'm so excited for you guys and your baby girl.
That little baby ultrasound is so cute, and so are you. Good luck with clinicals. You still look so tiny. The flowers at T.Point are beautiful!
What a SUPER ultrasound. That is great you can share it on your blog. I think it get a lot more "real" when you feel the kicks and the hiccups.
um remember how you still have washboard flat abs?
i'm super excited for you. Linds was visiting me in nyc and we think you should come visit.
Post a Comment