Thursday, February 5, 2009

THE DRESS

So! Things are moving along swimmingly. We are about to start putting down payments on the big items. Things are just starting to feel real! I can't believe it.

Last Saturday I went shopping with my mom for dresses. I had been a few times before and fallen in love with a few dresses. We stopped in to a bridal store at the Gateway and it was totally totally packed! Being the girl I am I didn't want to wait, so I just went "browsing." I pulled a few dresses off the racks, and slipped into an empty room. Meanwhile, Mom had caught up with me after parking the car and called me when she got to the store. I had tried on 3 dresses "this one's too big, this ones too small, this one's just weird."...and then...it happened. I put a dress on, walked out and it was it! THIS was the dress. I showed my mom and said, "OK, this is it. Let's go. I'm done." She thought I was kidding! "FOR REALSKI!!! THIS IS IT!" I said. We dragged it up to the front (it weighs a lot!) and bought the dress. IN and OUT in 20 minutes. I am pretty sure that's a world record.

4 comments:

Blogful said...

So fun to hear he full story. I could love to go shopping with you -- just my style! (MOM C. in FL)

Blogful said...

That's how my dress and my temple dress was. You just KNOW! Can't wait to see it. -c

Heidi said...

The same thing happened to me! Well, I guess I didn't have much time to change my mind (we only had a 6 week engagement!) Can't wait to see it in person...

Saratoga Six said...

What a fun blog! Thanks so much for the invite. I can't wait to see the dress. This is going to be an awesome summer!