Thursday, February 19, 2015

January Smash Blog (minus FL adventures)

 On the 24th I woke up and thought...Chocolate Cake, that's what we will have for breakfast. HA HA! Well it totally worked! Disguised as waffles and topped with nutella, powdered sugar, frosting, chocolate syrup+powdered sugar+marshmellows, and peanut butter and banana. It was fun. So let it be known that dietitians serve straight sugar for breakfast on occasion.
 Ok, he looks a little out of it, but I had just cut Connor's hair. He did so good! Held so still.
 I've been working out each morning, and Connor joins in for some downward dog and plank exercise.
Our sweet landlady passed away in January. Grandma Flo has been a big part of our lives. We will miss her dearly.
 This is a painting that hung over Olivia's bed that Florence did. We gave it back to the family when she passed away-but I will miss it.
 We spent time with friends at restaurants. Most of the people that came were single (aka NO kids) so the two of us with kids probably looked like a circus to them.
 Olivia is officially a sunbeam. She is also the only girl in her class. Connor is in Nursery one of 24 kids!
 I thought going to Florida was my present, but I was suprised to get a few more things.
 The paddle for my kitchen-aid that scrapes the sides as it spins. WIN!
 ATK recommended mixing bowls. To be honest I wasn't so sure about these, but I LOVE THEM!
 Connor, my "Oh I'm full, I just had a huge gust of wind for breakfast" Child is suddenly eating a ton! Hallelujah!
 Adam's lab did an experiment with the local news station and got to spend the day with Bill Gepheart- the investigation news celeb. They were trying to determine if flushing to toilet actually spread germs on bathroom surfaces. Results to be announced at it's airing. :)


7 comments:

Blogful said...

Good job Adam in your lab work. Good job Connor in eating so much and sitting so still for your mama's haircut. I have that same mixer attachment and it is the bomb (except for cookies). Connor in the little suit is killing me!
PS: I'm coming over for breakfast.

Sarah said...

Looks like you've been having lots of fun lately. What fun pictures from florida and your birthday and more.

janc@mac.com said...

Super cool post. So glad Connor decided he likes food :) Hopefully, you'll get more out of church with the kids in their own classes. I loved that painting done by Grandma Flo also. Glad you took a picture.

Lisa said...

When we they announce the results?

bugnose7 said...

If your landlady died are you going to have to move?

Saratoga Six said...

Connor is so cute! Fun chocolate cake idea ;-) you guys have had a crazy busy month! Good luck with all you have going on.

drans007 said...

I also enjoyed this update. Glad conners eating more and adam is associating with celeb's. We might use your breakfast idea for FHE treats :) Cute haircut and so sad about your landlord and her magical picture.