Not sure what Olivia is eating here, but one of the last pictures we have with her long hair! She is getting more independent and creative by the day.
Sept 3rd, Connor enjoying the minky mat I made him. It has little loops to attach toys on to. He is getting so big! He is really strong, as you can see, and can roll over from front to back.
We got standby tickets to go see James Taylor at the OC Tanner Gift of Music Community Concert. Can you believe it was free!? I'm so glad that we went. It took sooo long for us to decide if we wanted to try and face the crowds, plus it was raining like crazy-but finally we just dove in head first-dropped the kids off with my mom and dad and went, And it was so worth it! Amazing to hear a man sing that I've been listening to MY WHOLE LIFE. They did Lonesome Road-woah. Words can't even fully describe how awesome it all was.
Connor likes to nurse laying down-and to be honest I don't mind. Olivia gets a little snuggly too sometimes. It's moments like this that I love to just savor as a mom.
Ok, don't hate me...but this is the first time Grandma Larsen met Connor! September 12th. We thought we had brought him by-but come to find out we saw her the day BEFORE I had him. Well the've met now and plenty times since. He had loads of smiles for her that day.
Olivia got in on the action too (sporting some french braids)
I hope my hair looks this awesome when I'm a grandma. Finger waves and everything!
We are so lucky to have Miss Amy spend most Monday afternoons with us after Kindergarten gets out. Olivia wakes up most mornings and says, "Amy day?" We have had some fun adventures, playing with chalk, gardening, going to the zoo, the Leonardo museum, and Red Butte. Of course we need some down time, and we watch some Daniel Tiger (pictured above) too. :)
September 9th, Connor is 3 months old and fitting in his 6 month clothes. This is how he most often sleeps. Arms up, legs out. No fetal position for this kiddo.
Olivia makes sure Connor has plenty of blankets to keep him warm
Olivia loves berries-anything fresh. She really is such a good eater...now if we could just boost her portion intake. But really, she likes lots of different foods and some of her favorites are far above her age level. Chili, Tuna ANYTHING, green beans, and peppers. She does not like Tomatoes, that is most definite. Oh well, more for me.
Olivia thought that she could fit in the bumbo still. And, well, she does! But getting out is a little harder than it looked. "MOM! I'm STUCK! Stuck, Stuck Stucky! Help"
My mom stops by often, and we love it.
So I had this genius idea the week before Olivia's birthday that we should can peaches. I've only done it once-and to say I've done it at all is kind of a lie-It was more like I watched the process while Jan did all the work.
Anyways-On my way up to Ogden to visit my Grandma and Grandpa, Connor was screaming like a mad man. (the ONLY place Connor is ever upset is in the car...it makes for some long rides-however, he seems to be getting better. I think he can see his sister now and knows he's not alone) I finally decided to pull over and see if I could calm him down by feeding him for a bit. I just happened to pull over next to a peach orchard and before we drove off I bought 2 boxes without thinking-oh wait-peaches wait for no man. These have to be canned like today or tomorrow! So the deed was already done and I committed myself to getting it done that night. After consulting both Kris and Cari we were ready and Adam (being the dear he is) shook his head at the madness I had started and jumped in.
All in all it was a success. We did not have ONE bad peach! We left about 10 out for eating and canned about 28 jars and did 14 jars of Jam the next day.
Olivia got a card in the mail from Grandma Tina. Oh my the excitement was too much to bare! She loved it. She still looks at it all the time.
Olivia's crown, made by yours truly. I'm pretty excited because she wears it quite a bit. WIN!
Olivia spent much of the week before her birthday sporting her crown.
Double Duty.
I figured I'd make one for little brother too, since all the supplies were out already
Olivia loves to get things for her "little buddy" (this is what Olivia usually calls Connor)
Love these two little buddies.































7 comments:
About 7 of these pictures didn't come through and I'm dying to see all of them. The ones I did see were so precious. It's so fun seeing Connor grow right before our eyes. Olivia is so funny. Loved the tipped over gumbo picture. And I was so proud of you for canning peaches. That was truly heroic and I know you'll love them when it's snowing outside and you're missing summer foods. What a great mom you are and what a great mom you have. Thanks for all the updates. Send more anytime!!
Please smash blog more often. Your kids are too cute for words. Oh. My heck.
Congratulations on your peach madness! It looks like a delicious success. You should definitely save that picture of you nursing/snuggling. You will treasure that later.
The pictures all came through on the iPhone. Thanks for the mega post! Thanks for going to visit Grandma L. It means the world to her.
Way to go with canning peaches! You will be so glad you did when winter comes and you have yummy peaches. Your kids are so cute and Olivia seems like such a great sister!
I love those pictures of Connor and Grandma
Conner is such a darling kiddo. He changes every post! I LOVE the crowns. Great idea and so glad she wears it. Mmmmmm you are so luck yo have taken the peach plunge. They are delicious canned or jammed or fresh!! Happy 2 years old Olivia. Wish we could have joined the partying :)
Hee hee... I want to put a thought bubble next to Connor in the picture where he's lying next to all the peaches: "Millions of peaches! Peaches for me!!"
These two little buddies are going to love going through this blog when they're older and getting a sense for what their childhood was like and what their mom and dad were like when they were younger. :)
Post a Comment