Have you met my brother Josh yet? If not, you are missing a slice of happiness in your life.
This is him. I wish I could say I taught him everything he knows as his big sister, but that would be a BIG FAT LIE. (but maybe I did a little something to make him who he is today for the better...) He is one amazing kid..well man...man/child? I can't call him a man that's weird...he's my little brother, and he's one AMAZING brother. Seriously. Josh is one of those people that is doing all he can to better the world. He does everything with 110% gusto-even if it will lead to nothing but a memory or a smile. He's always been that way. When we would play games as a kid it was all in or nothing. If we were playing "office" he would create a "machine" (quite literally) completely out of paper and LOTS of tape to do all his office work on. It would be all he needed to be happy.
Josh is a 4th grade teacher now in Draper! In 2nd grade (I think) he had
a teacher, Mr.(his name is escaping me at the moment) who was
completely devoted to his students and passionate about true
education-including the nurturing of young imaginations. Josh idealized
him. He was, in short a perfect teacher...and guess what?!...Josh now gets
TO be that awesome role model that he had. I've never been more proud
and happy for him. Some are just meant to be teachers...and even if he
wasn't teaching in a classroom he would be continually teaching all that
know and love him.
Here are a few things that DAILY make me laugh, and make me wish I was a fly on his wall in his classroom.
I think this picture below was taken before a race Josh was in. He has really hit it hard with running being his way to stay fit, and keep a clear and healthy mind. One day, can we run a race together (IE will you carry me on your back...because I probably won't make it?) When you are family you can request those sort of things. Especially since I'm the queen... ;)
Did you know he is an accomplished Violinist? Like I said before, Josh picks something up and makes it the best it can be. I remember Josh at his first recital, so nervous. But did that stop him? NO. Josh inherited a tremor that a few of my siblings have too. Well, you add nerves to that while preforming and that's a lot to calm yourself through. Josh never gave up, and now when he stands to play, and breathe life into the notes on the paper by playing them on his violin, you can see music. It's like you can actually see vibrant color as you listen. Seriously.
Josh always has had a special bond with words. He would write stories, illustrate them and put them together as a little boy. (George and the Pear tree...and lots of other trees...were some of my favorites)
Maybe with his permission I'll post some of his works here sometime.
Did I mention Josh is always good for a laugh (if you didn't get that already...get ready). When ever I'm sad I know I can find some funny picture or saying he's shared on facebook and it will brighten my day.
On top of all that, Josh is an awesome Uncle. He loves those little tykes so much. He will be the coolest dad one day.
Josh,
maybe you will read this, I don't even know if you follow my blog. But
man, I love you so much. I know I wasn't (and still sometimes am) not
the best big sister that I know I could be, but from the bottom of my
heart I hope you will forgive my faults, and know that I love you so
stinking much that if all the people farted in the whole world that
stench would not even come close to the amount of love that I have for
you. :) Your passion for life, love and the pursuit of happiness (celestial
glory) never ceases to amaze me. I know you are still only human, and
sometimes you hurt, sometimes you cry, but when I look at you all I see
is a brave, smart, capable, and driven individual that I can only hope
to emulate.
Keep on rockin.
Love you bro.PS though I know this post is probably full of grammatical errors, and the use of way to many ellipses, but I want you to know I did look over this once to check. After all he is an English major!

















3 comments:
Wow, Jess. Thanks. I have to say, I actually teared up a little with gratitude as I read this. It was very kind of you to say. I have always loved you so much, even when we had differing opinions, haha. But you were definitely a leader in our family, and forever the first one to take charge when mom and dad were out to make sure that we did the important things. We always prayed together, read our scriptures, and did constructive activities. Remember those bead things we would make and the mom had to iron them together? Very crafty. You have that same drive and zeal and creativity as you work with Adam to guide your own family, and as I watch that I think to myself, "That is what I want. I need to find a girl who will be able to do those things." IE, I need to find someone who has some of your qualities, Jess. Who has taken the time to develop herself the same way that you have, and who will never stop learning and growing and creating and beautifying the world around her. Adam is a lucky dude to have found you, and you are definitely lucky to have nabbed him! You two are so great with each other. Mutual luckiness, I guess. :)
Love you, Jess.
Your Brother Forever.
-The "Shuwa"
What a sweet tribute! American Prep is an amazing school! I believe it is in the top 10 in the whole state! That's so neat.
I laughed, I cried, I shared it with Trent. I loved this. You know your brother so well and seem to be very close friends. What a TREAT!
Post a Comment