Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Epically Long Smash Blog

Ok pictures are just piling up on my desktop. Time to get them out and move on! 
ENJOY!
 I'm pretty sure I posted this already, but if not, HERE IT IS! Our tradition of eating at the Alta Club and watching the Day's of '47 parade from the upper balcony is always fun. We have to climb through the windows to sit out there since it's actually a "false balcony" but it does the job and is always the best way to see the floats.
 WAY back on Labor Day I caught this little moment. We had just had a wonderful BBQ in our backyard with Paul, Andrea, Andy, Brian, Kyle and Kendra. We lit things on fire (not on purpose...) and played lots of games and had a blast. We love our little backyard and the awesome company
 This kid is a tank. Here he is at about 2 months old, July 25th 2013
 Connor is SUCH a good baby. I mean Olivia was a good baby, but this kid puts her infancy to shame with how calm he is. They say Infancy mimics the teen years...here's hoping
 At Kendra and Adam's wedding in the Goff back yard.
 Adam says, "You just get more and more beautiful, I love this picture." {Blush...}
 The Old and the New. Love Grandpa Goff making a special visit to come and meet Connor July 27th 2013
 He's one happy dude
 Grandma is still quick as a whip mentally-but says, 'my body often reminds me of what I can and can't do anymore.'
 The latest wedding! We had 3 this summer! Lauren, Becca and Kendra. This was the first one we made as I was in the hospital for Lauren's, just barely out at Becca's (though we did make it to the temple to say a quick hello). We were sad to miss those-but you can't make a baby wait!
 Aunt Lisa made this beautiful cake. She's quite the talent. Not only does it look amazing it TASTES amazing too.
 Getting her groove on at the wedding
 A bit late, we had a pioneer lesson for Nursery. I realized I didn't have a pioneer hat...so I made one. :) And Olivia got one too. It's a little on  the small side, but it was fun anyways.
 Sporting our bonnets
 Grandma Tina first meeting Connor. BEST. FACE. EVER. So glad she could be here as we blessed him.
 Olivia's face when she is watching Curious George, Daniel Tiger or Super Why.
 Adam taking the boat out for a spin on Jordanelle at the family summer party. Adam, being one of the younger ones, doesn't get the opportunity to drive much-so he was in heaven. He took Trent, Andrea, Me and the babes for a nice easy cruiser ride.
 Rachel came too! It was so fun...and also one of the ONE and only times I've documented Olivia's hair in a braid.
 Enjoying the ride
 We don't go boating but once a year really. Wish we went more.
 Brigham Square does concerts in the park each Tuesday night during the summer. We enjoyed a family fiddle band and had a lovely dinner of fresh (homemade) bruschetta, followed by Nutella and graham crackers. YUM.
 Not sure what's happening here. I think Olivia and Daddy were playing "Chef" with my shower cap which morphed into a "swimming day" (we love to go to the pool and Olivia will ask for a "swimming day" most mornings during the summer...and even now really.)
 On our way to St. George for a mini vaca before Adam started classes again at school. Even during the summer Adam goes to campus each day to do research, but since he received the genetics training grant he also has to take a few extra classes (which he is totally acing BTW....last test he took he said, I think I got a 70%...nope he got 100%!!! Smartie.)
We started the Vaca at IN-n-OUT in American Fork.
 We went down to the St. George Temple the next morning bright and early. It was my first time there! Next time we will have to get a sitter and do a session.
 The temple was so white it made our eyes hurt. (Right after this picture on our way back to the car Adam helped a lady change her tire-it was an arduous task in the heat...Olivia, Connor and I went for ice cream. Don't worry, we brought some back to him too)
 A fun little phonebooth in the Old Main Street city square.
 A moment I caught before heading to church in ST. GEORGE.
 Climbing up on the red rock.
 It was windy, but a beautiful site. We love St. George and hope to go back soon. We also spent time at other historical spots like the Brigham Winter House where we picked grapes and fresh almonds. It was a great snack for the way home. Also, we thought we had lost my phone at on of the sites and Adam went back driving to find it, thinking it may have fallen off of the car. When he pulled back into the driveway to come tell me it was gone, there it was in the drive way. It must have slipped out of my lap when I got out of the car, and fallen just so...so when Adam went back out, he ran over it! Thankfully the case I had on it saved the phone, NOT a single scratch! Needless to say we quickly purchased another of the same case. Well worth the money.
 Don't blink 'cause this kid might be bigger than you if you do.
 August 4th, 3 months. Connor often falls asleep best laying on his tummy while I rub his back. As soon as his breathing changes into what I call 'sleeping rhythm' I flip him back over for a good night's rest on his back. BACK TO SLEEP. :)
 We are so lucky to have had so many friends and family around for Connor's blessing. We had a luncheon up in PC since it was so hot in SLC. It was refreshing. Here is Grandma and Grandpa Goff with Baby C.
 Can I tell you how happy this picture makes me?!? When Anne Shirley talks of her kindred spirit in Anne of Green Gables...this is mine! My Diana. (But her name is Lindsey) Seriously best part of my summer was sharing this little man with her. Though miles apart, you're always in my heart.
 NOTHING
 is better
 than
 a fat
 and happy
 baby.
 August 7th. officially 2 months Old. Connor can hold his head up from time to time at this point and is sleeping pretty much 6 hour stretches at night.
 He smiles a lot more and is starting to coo and talk to us.
 Olivia still isn't big on holding him too much at this point, but she loves her brother.
 He weighs about 14 pounds.
 look at those cheeks! So kissable. He is a star.
 August 12th, getting ready to say goodbye to Grandma Tina.
 It was so fun having her here! Utah trips always go so fast! I wish she lived next door...but Florida visits are about the next best thing.
 Belgian Waffles at Bruges. So good. and also the best of company. It's probably not a good thing that I found out there is one so close to home. 
 Baby day/Girls getaway up at Breann's house. Jence and Olivia are just a couple months apart and are good buddies.

 They also live right next to some farm land, so we spent the morning getting to know the cows.
 And then some horses wanted in on the fun too!
 Family Farm!
 We then spent the day at the zoo. Classic "nesting" pic.
 Adam came along for the latter part of the day. A bond between father and daughter is so precious.
 August 16th, taking in all the animal fun.
 Lindsey on her perch in the kitchen talking to her main squeeze. Cute.
Becky and I had a shower for Abi *and just in the nick of time, she went into labor that next monday! Aspen was born about 4 weeks early-but is healthy and doing well.
 Becky has such a knack for the details. Everything was ADORABLE.
 Matchy match.
 Food and decorations
 Games
 Friends
 hot and tired babies
 cute gifts (I hope it fits)
 More friends
 Motherly advice
 Whoppers = contractions. With the memory game we played each 'pregnancy word' that was matched resulted in a candy related to it.
 Abi, Me and Kat. Both just about ready to have their babies.
 Hostesses
 This is awful. but kinda funny.
 Yay for HS friends and babies bringing us all back together.
 September 1st face
 He is starting to get a bit of a bald spot, but still not too bad. He has rolled from tummy to back 3 or 4 times.
 Grandma Tina and Olivia, not sure why this is out of order, but this was right before she went home and Grandma gave her a special red heart necklace. She loves it.
 Dinner of champions? Maybe not...but we just used all the leftovers up and some super old tatertots that needed to be released from the freezer space. A one dish meal. Super quick clean up in the kitchen.
 I can't remember when or why this was...but I found this way back in the archives of things "unposted" I think this was when I was about to pop and just couldn't deal with Miss O for a bit. So she was sentenced to her room for the length of one disney movie (lady and the tramp). My guess is she didn't mind. :)
 Seriously...could I be any bigger? NO this was just a few days before heading to the hospital. Thanks Grandma Tina for the special care package!
 Olivia's favorite thing to do is to take all the hair accessories and sport ALL of them at once. She prances around and says, "I'm so cute! Livy so cute!" Yes, yes you are! and may you always know that and have that confidence!
 So Vogue.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

Can you blog like this every day? There's just so much I don't even know where to start except to say your family is THE cutest and most fun in the world. Thank you for making my day!

Annie said...

I love this post. So much fun is happening in your lives. I love the picture of your Grandma's reaction of meeting Connor. That is great you captured it on camera. Looks like you guys had a blast in St. George. I love the red telephone booth, I haven't seen that yet I will need to search for that next time. Wow about your phone getting run over, glad to hear your phone is ok!

drans007 said...

WOW, I am feeling so out of the loop with your beautiful children. I absolutely love these kind of updates packed full of pics and events. Olivia makes me smile and that little conner just needs a squeeze and a nuzzle. Cannot WAIT to see you all on the 19th. btw, I have my sis-in-law watching Berklee during the temple, so my older girls can assist with your two little ones.