Sunday, October 13, 2013

Charmed Life

I still can't believe that I'm a mom some days. I feel like I'm just playing house, dressing dolls, and pretending to be a grown up. Life has been in the fast lane lately...we're talking autobahn fast lane...ain't for sissies.
I can't really pinpoint what keeps us so busy, just what life has to offer-work, school, church, family... life. Remember that song by Third Eye Blind-Semi Charmed Kind of Life? Well that's me right now. Sure, there are still some hard points in the day from time to time-but for the most part that's exactly what it is. It's a Charmed Life. I have a supportive family, both extended and those who sleep under my same roof. I have a job that I seriously LOVE. I live in the coolest place on earth, and married to the best man in the world.
PLUS I have these two cuties to make it even more awesome.
Can you believe they are 2 years old and 4 months already? Here's a little status update on the two of them.

Olivia
Can sing her ABC's-though LMNOP is one letter.
She is conjugating words? What? How does that even happen?
Full sentence structure? Check.
Parroting EVERYTHING said? Watch your mouth, you know it.
She loves to dance.
Curious George and "Foxes" (Fox and the Hound 2) are our favorite shows.
She's #2'ed on the potty once and #1'ed twice-but we aren't pushing it aggressively. All in due time.
She loves to color, and knows how to write O's really well.
A couple of weeks ago she started calling herself "OoooooLibia" rather than Livy, or Liby.
She loves to do everything herself, "NO Livy do it!"
Nap times seem to be hit or miss, but we have finally come to agreement on "rest time" and she does pretty well most days.
12 teeth, 4 molars, and 4 on top front and bottom. Those canines have been trying to push through for about a week now.
Olivia got her first hair cut 3 inches! Done by mom. (9/29/13)
Olivia refers to Rachel as a pronoun. Both Rachel and Matthew are one entity in her mind. :)
Olivia likes to say her own prayers, and often points out pictures of Jesus when we are out and about.
She loves to sing along at church, well anywhere really.

Connor
We could rename him Sir Smiles-a-lot. He is THE happiest baby on the block.
Connor sleeps most nights from about 10-7:30 or 8 now.
He weights 16lbs! (Olivia weighed 17 at her first birthday)
He rolls quite easily from tummy to back
He can stay in tummy time for almost 20 minutes now
He fits in his saucer and is starting to be more interactive with toys
He giggles when being tickled or playing peek-a-boo
He tried a bit of whole wheat baby cereal-but I think we will wait for another couple months
He is awesome at breastfeeding
He loves to chatter in the back seat and has learned how to blow raspberries
He has kind of given up the binky-it's just a chew toy to him.
Connor can now fit in the Ergo baby with his legs sticking out of the sides rather than all bunched up.
He can scoot in a circle when in tummy time
He drools like a puppy
He is a calm and easy going kiddo-always ready to brighten your day.
He is super cuddly. He doesn't like to be laid down for more than 10 minutes alone. 

Here are some more fun pictures of them. 



















4 comments:

Lisa said...

You are so positive. Life is so busy with two little ones.
I love the pictures!

janc@mac.com said...

Loved seeing all these darling pictures. So I discovered that Connor has Adam's pointy chin -- something from his Dad! He's a doll and I just can't wait to kiss those smoochy cheeks. Olivia looks like a little angel in her pictures. They are just beautiful babies.

Heidi said...

What a fun photo shoot! I just love those kids! Cute haircut, Liv!

drans007 said...

Aaaaaaaaa I really hardly know your cute kiddos. Conner is darling and olivia is sweeter than sweet.