My mom quilts like you wouldn't believe.
Cleans like she's getting paid.
Loves like she's going to die tomorrow.
Shops like she only has $1, so she better get as much as she can for it.
I don't think I learned to fully appreciate what the title of "mother" entails, until I earned it myself. And even now, I'm still learning. It's the best job in the world, but one of the hardest. The most rewarding, but the most trying. It brings me the moments that I feel closest to God, and the furthest sometimes. I am learning to let go of the small things. Embrace the smuges on the wall below 3ft and realizing that hopefully the mess in my house means I'm spending time with my kids, and not just neglecting the house work.
I won't deny that there are hard parts to being a mother, but I'd rather dwell in the rewarding ones. Celebrating daily achievements.
Thanks mom for setting an example for me. For sending me on trips to girls camp with more treats than I could even possibly consume, for remembering every birthday, for taking time to spend time with my kids and help me achieve all my goals. For dressing me so great as a kid that I thought everyone bought their clothes at Nordy's. For teaching me how to save, and how to be thrifty. To help me know when it's ok to indulge a little. For crying when I was hurt, and laughing when I was happy. For letting me be the queen. For putting up with my teenage angst, and loving me regardless. For loving my husband, and letting him know he is doing things right. For all your support then and now.
I love you.

3 comments:
Aww. What a great mom you have, and what a great MOM YOU ARE!
What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful woman. You are a true mother because you recognize all those wonderful qualities and exemplify them in your own life.
All of the challenges and work of being a good Mom are all worth every bit of effort when a lovely grown-up daughter writes such a beautiful tribute!
Post a Comment