Saturday, July 6, 2013

Smash Blog

 Day 3, back from the hospital.
 Learning how to hold baby brother
 1 week and back to birth weight according to the kitchen scale.
 Happy Birthday Cheese Cake!
 It's tradition to celebrate one week of life with a cheese cake.
 I can't believe how fast he is growing!
 Such a sweet boy.
 Adam's Happy Anni-Fath-Birth-versary present 
 Even though he knew about it it was a good surprise to open up
Annnnd of course I had to throw in a real suprise: a Father's Day Gift of Connor and Olivia's footprints. (that was a little tricky to pull off.)
 In true Clayton form, Olivia now "smiles for the camera"
 The first and ONLY time I've been able to braid Olivia's hair...she miraculously held still for the whole thing.
 (Picture taken 6/21) Connor sleeps in a moses basket which was bed side for the first 3 weeks of his life and has now migrated to the front room to allow for better sleep for mom and dad. It's been perfect!
 Olivia wanted to bring Connor a treat...she brought the whole bag of goldfish out for him.
 6/23 Connor is getting bigger every day.
 Anniversary Flowers! I have such a sweet guy for a husband. I LOVED this arrangement! For our anniversary we went out to eat at Olive Garden, but I wasn't in the mood for a heavy meal and after driving all over the valley we ended up at a new Neapolitan pizza place in sugar house. It was pretty great! I wasn't expecting to do anything since we had tried to get our "celebrations" out before baby Connor was born, but I liked the surprise regardless.
 Matching outfits! We had to get a picture of course. Can't believe how big he is getting so fast!
 I bet within a year or so they will look like twins
 Connor weights about 10# 9oz at a month Old (these pictures were taken at 3 weeks) and Olivia weights about 23#.
 See!? They are just about the same size...ok not really, but man I must be making straight cream for this baby!
 Adam's birthday was a lot of fun. He was able to take a little longer in the morning before heading off to work, We talked with mom and dad Clayton before he left and he got a wonderful Amazon gift card from them of which he purchased a new cover for his Ipad mini and a hose extension. When he got home I had worked really hard to get the house all cleaned up. We had some friends over later that evening for cupcakes and milk from sweet tooth fairy. Needless to say it was the busiest day I've had on my own with the two kiddo's getting ready for things. My mom and Rachel stopped by with some homemade snicker-doodles (adam's favorite) and and Itunes gift card...he keeps telling me how HAPPY he is that he always can rely on my mom and dad for some Itunes credit. :)
 (6/29) filling out the swing nicely. Connor is a very content baby, but in the moments of chaos the swing always puts him in a cheery disposition.
 A game we got for christmas is now one of Livy's favorites. Though she plays by her own rules, she loves to tell you what card you are wearing on your head.
 A gift I made for Olivia's friend's birthday-an on-the-go car kit.
 Thank you pinterest
 Thank you Cari for the corduroy (remember when I stuffed all the fabric in my bag to take home and it almost didn't make it because it was too heavy...but we got it in!)
 Connor still is on a little of a reversed schedule...he sleeps a lot during the day despite our efforts to keep him a little more awake so he will sleep a bit more at night...he is mostly awake during the 2-5am hours. We have been sleeping with minimal clothing on these kids since we hit a heat wave (thankfully today it seems to be cooling down for a bit)
 Connor has had 3 baths thus far in his life...one every Friday. This face and rolls made me laugh so hard! Definitely going in a wedding video some day.
Seriously guys, it's been hot. Olivia insists on sleeping with her heavy minky blanket still and this the sweaty result from nap time.

5 comments:

Blogful said...

So glad you blogged. Look at all these awesome pictures!! I am so excited!! Thank you!
PS: The difference between Henry and Paige is only 8 pounds

LMemory said...

WHAT? NO. Olivia is big! A big girl! No more baby O! What is going on???

Baby C is so cute!!! I can't wait to meet him soon! Love you! Awesome idea with the little travel car toy.

janc@mac.com said...

Thanks for all these great pics. I love smash blogs. The picture of Connor is the bath tub cracked me up -- I laughed out loud. I was also glad to see someone is using the big pink bedspread we gave Grandma C one year and she NEVER used it once. The kids may be twins someday. I love the cute matching clothes. Thanks for the darling BD card for Dad C from these pictures.

Lisa said...

Love the update and pictures. Olivia looks like such a good big sister. You look great! I can't believe all that you are doing already.

Saratoga Six said...

It's been so great to catch up on your blog! Olivia is sure growing up quick. Connor too! I love how she dumped out the fish crackers for her brother. Darling!