Did you know?
Connor weighs over 13#! That puts him at the 90th percentile! WOW! I don't have an exact number for how much Olivia weighed at this age (well I actually probably do, but I don't want to dig through the file) But since she has consistantly followed the 5th percentile, at this same age she weighed just over 8#....crazy! He is one big guy. He sleeps about 4 hour streches at night and quickly lays back down...so it's pretty great. We will likely move him into the big crib in the next couple weeks.
He loves bath time, he coos and is very happy in the water. He also loves a good rub down with lotion. (Olivia always hated that part and had to get used to baths before she enjoyed them.) He still has all his hair (knock on wood) and it's staying dark...fingers crossed! I
Adam just received a prestigious grant called "The Genetics Training Grant." This is a limited grant that basically covers most of his income for the next 3 years (even though he hopes to finish in the next year). His lab is very grateful for his commitment in seeking out his own funding-it lightens the load on their own grant funds that he was being supported with before. Due to the sequester, this was even more of a prestigious award as they only granted 6 of them.
Did you know that I go back to work today? I am excited and sad at the same time. I love what I do, but it's always sad to leave my kids behind, even for a few short hours. BUT I think it makes me a better mom in some ways-I learn to appreciate them a little more, and it makes me grateful that I do get to spend most of my time with them. I'm so glad that we have family close by that is willing to help out. It gives me a sense of peace that they are with people I know and love rather than someone I had to hire. I love being a mom.
Well that's a quick update for ya'll. Happy Friday!

3 comments:
Thanks for the update! CONGRATS on the grant! Cute kids. Funny how different they each are, huh.
Glad to hear things are going well. Connor is such a healthy, happy little guy. Hope your first day back went well! That is such a cute idea about the sticky bed, kids love things like that!
wow, he has already passed up berklee who isnt quite 13# at 4 months old. i love your outlook on work and so glad sharon and u can swap.
Post a Comment