Having a second baby is not quite as glamorous as the first time. You know that part in Monty Python when he is riding toward the castle and doesn't seem to get anywhere? That's me right now.
There isn't much that we "need" as long as he is ok wearing pink from time to time and Olivia can transition into a real bed. :) Don't worry, he has his own clothes, but not nearly as much as miss O had (has). Wow. And we don't even have a bed yet for Olivia. She will probably stay in the crib for the first couple months anyway.
The only thing I find myself truly wanting/needing is an infant carrier. I made myself a moby type wrap for Olivia, but it was hot and having a june baby does not make me want to strap that little heater right against my body. I used a friend's Ergo baby carrier with Olivia while we were in NYC and liked it, but I've never tried it with a itty bitty baby. We currently have a sling type thing and an infantino front pack carrier. Neither of which I'm terribly excited about.
SO-friends, what infant carrier do you like? I think I'm trying to decide between a Bjorn and an Ergo baby...so if you have any opinions there in particular let me know.
3 comments:
I borrowed Heidi's bjorn when Jane was born and loved it so much, it was the first thing I bought when I found out I was having another. I like that it works front or body facing because when they are younger they just want to be curled up close. It has extra buttons/clasps so even tiny ones don't fall out and it's super comfortable. (I've heard the Ergo hurts your back after a while). I've used it to do everything from grocery shopping (so much easier with two hands) to making dinner. LOVED my bjorn. Wish I could lend it to you so you could sample it. Maybe you can borrow one of each for a week or so before you invest?
It is not that he is baby #2 that he doesn't have more clothes. Girl clothes are tons funner and cutter to buy and have.
We have a Bjorn and love it!
Post a Comment