Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's



Valentine's was a special day, despite the pit of sickness our house had become in the past week. We declared it V-day on the germs and decided to "storm the beaches!" And guess what, it must have worked. That night Olivia made it through the night without waking up. She had a bit of a fever through the day, but didn't need any medication for it...so, knock on wood, we think we won the battle.
Valentine's started the night before since we didn't know what would happen with the babe during the next 24 hours. We exchanged gifts. I made Adam a pillow and a love note jar. He had no idea he was getting anything, because I had also gotten him a bag of Oreo's and said, "darn you weren't supposed to see those, oh well, happy valentine's!" So he thought that's all he was getting. Silly Adam.
Adam got me a cool case for my phone that can hold my cards as well so I only have to grab one thing when I am rushing out the door. I love it.
The next morning we started things off nice and early. While Adam got ready I made him pink crepes with nutella and banana inside and a large glass of milk. Olivia woke up right after he headed for the bus and threw up. Awesome. We spent the morning in the bath and watching Daniel Tiger. She took 3 naps that day, and though she had a fever it was nothing compared to what we had the past 5 days prior.
Lunch consisted of Thai leftovers from ThaiRuby. Yum. Good Valentine's Lunch, even if it was leftovers.
I then busied myself with another lysol project. Since we've been sick, I've been wiping things down daily. Today I picked the lower cabinets in the kitchen. They are all sparkly clean and germ free now.
I then made some chocolate covered strawberries. I added about a TBSP of nutella to the chocolate chips to make the chocolate a little softer. You couldn't really taste it though.
Adam came home about 6 and dinner was almost done. He brought be a dozen beautiful dusty pink roses and we sat down for dinner. It was so good. I love eating in on Valentine's Day. It's kind of become tradition-and I think we will keep it that way. We talked about the possibility of getting a room with a kitchenette as our family gets older so we can still dine-in but have some time alone too. Sounds good to me!
Adam surprised me with one more special present. A poem. Something I will always treasure is Adam's poetry. In the poem he reminded me this is our 5th year Valentine's Anniversary! Awesome!
We ended the evening watching "Last Chance Harvey" Cute. :) I love Dustin Hoffman. Big nose and short stature and all.
After all that we ended up turning in at 9:30pm and just talked until we fell asleep.
It was a wonderful day. And to top it off, We all slept through the night and no fevers this morning!

1 comment:

janc@mac.com said...

You are so romantic and creative Jessica. I won't let John read this because he might expect similar treatment -- with no results.