What a birthday I had this year! It was so fun all thanks to my wonderfully awesome husband. :) (Love you babe.)
The day started off late thanks to Olivia miraculously sleeping in until 9am! I actually woke up at our usual time of 7am, but it was nice to just lounge around in bed.
Adam had pre-prepped breakfast so as to keep the house as quite as possible while he was cooking. Yummy pancakes with real griddle bacon and fresh orange juice and a clementine. It was so good! He then gave me my present-NEW Nike Free Run+ 3 (the kind with the chip in them that connect to your phone) I was so excited! He had a hard time finding them, and finally found a pair up in Washington that he had to have over-nighted to make sure they got here in time.
After we ate, Olivia was up and we just played as a family. Adam asked if I would like to go up to the museum, since his first plan of going to the zoo was foiled with the fresh snow. Not wanting to venture out into the FREEZING air we opted to stay home while he kept Olivia busy and I sewed all morning. Delightful!
Adam told me we had to be ready to go, all dressed up, by 1pm. Someone was coming to take care of Olivia. I got ready and at 12:30 my mom arrived! She brought me a krumcake press (you know those little Swiss/German flat crispy cookies with the cool designs...it's one of those) so exciting! She took Olivia and Adam whisked us out the door.
We ended up at the temple, which was so nice. Even with making an effort to go we don't get there as often as we would like. We got there with a good amount of time to get ready, but without having to wait forever too. And guess who was there with us?! Elder Oaks! We even got to shake hands with him. Neat.
After the temple Adam ran our things back to the car while I waited inside. I'm such a pansy with the cold. Then we headed up to The Roof for a fantastic dinner-that started with dessert of course. The Key-Lime pie was definitely my favorite that night.
When we arrived home I stepped into the door to find a bunch of friends inside! Adam had planned a suprise birthday party on top of everything else! We had Cupcakes from Sweet Tooth Fairy and ice cream of course. Then we headed out the door to set off lanterns. They are always beautiful, and it was so calm (and did I mention cold!), but it was a spectacular way to end the evening.
So now I'm 27...and it looks like it's going to be a good year.
5 comments:
Nice job Adam!
What an absolutely incredible birthday story!! A few years down the road, when you have a house full of little kids and a busier husband and they all barely remember it is your birthday...READ THIS POST! You deserve to be spoiled :) Glad it was a super day. Love, Ann
Yaaaaaaay! I never DID get to hear what all of Adam's surprises were. Sound like he made a fantastic day, what a great planner! :)
Happy 27 best friend. It was fun to celebrate you from afar. You are simply magnificent!!
Happy Birthday! Way to go, Adam! Such a great hubby.
Sounds like a perfect bday! I never realize Adam was such a good planner and so romantic. Way to go, Bro.
Post a Comment