Friday, December 28, 2012

December Smash Blog













As suggested I'm going to start making my notes down at the bottom. We will see how it goes...
-Olivia loves to put everything on her head, and though she's not wearing clothes in these first pictures she loves to try on new outfits. Getting dressed and undressed many times a day. Definitely got that from her mother.
-Christmas was a blast! We started the festivities on Christmas Eve, with Mama and Pops Clayton coming down for a feast of ham, yams, onions, brussel sprouts, cauliflower with white sauce and homemade rolls. Of course we had a little sparkly drink, and to finish it all off we had cranberry pudding cake. Delish.
-Though we said all we would get for Christmas this year was ski passes...I guess we bought them too early. We certainly feel blessed to be able to spoil one another a bit despite our humble circumstances. Adam got new underwear :) and I got some new shirts. Olivia got a few new toys and a desk from santa!
-Olivia is growing up so fast! She is 15 months now and starting to talk quite a bit more. We will talk about the farm animals and she makes all the sounds. She recently started saying "apple" out of the blue and "owl." though we've always been careful of what we say around her it makes it all the more apparent as to why that is! Ha ha! She is a little parrot.
-She is walking/running like a champ now. She started at about 13 months but is now comfortably cruising around. She is so great.
-Baby numero two is still kickin. We will know if it's a boy or a girl (hopefully) in early January...I'm hoping before my birthday! Of course we are excited either way---but each time a big event like this happens, it starts to feel a little more real.

5 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

Thanks for making our Christmas Eve so special. You spoiled us with that delicious dinner. Seeing the movie and just relaxing with you was extra nice too. Love you all!

Blogful said...

A car seat under the tree? Goldfish from Santa? I am loving your Christmas! All I need now is an invite to that dinner. Mmmm.

janc@mac.com said...

We felt like royalty eating the special Christmas Eve dinner. I am so sorry I didn't take pictures. It makes me drool reading the menu again. Olivia is becoming quite a "ham,"and so cute!

Lisa said...

Looks like a perfect Christmas!
Im so excited to hear the big news this month

Dangcutekids said...

Olivia's teeth make her look so much older. She is loaded with personality. Sounds like a fabulous Christmas!