What have we all been up to lately? Well it's been very busy-hardly a moment to blog-so for those of you who care to know what is going on via the written word rather than pictures...Here you go.
The Primary Program is in 2 weeks, and we had each child write their own part (or at least their parents) I have been gathering parts, reformatting, and getting ready for D-day. Cross your fingers, this is my first one, and I'm praying that it goes well.
Olivia got Roseola. She's better now, but it was a rough couple days. She is now back to her normal happy self, but I swear she is a pound lighter, and my milk supply has doubled. All she did was nurse for 5 days. At least she was eating though. Her fever got up to 106, via our temporal thermometer-so it was probably really only about 104.5, but still really really high. I spent most of those nights sleeping with her on my chest skin-to-skin to help regulate her body temperature. I don't know if it's "lactation legend" but apparently a mother can help regulate her bodies temp while dad's can only make her warmer.
We watched a friend's kids for 4 1/2 days while they were on a trip. There were 3 of them, plus the little one so I was suddenly a mother of four. It was fun though, and we made a little extra cash (umm...can I keep those new boots honey?). O loved being around other kids, she couldn't get enough of their cat and all and all it was a fun couple days. Adam slept at home so O could sleep in her own bed, so that was really the only down side.
I started a new job! I got hired by a chain reaction of miracles at the University of Utah Pediatric Clinic. Who knew this early in my career I would be doing what I love the most!
Reasons I love my new job:
1. The U is a teaching hospital. Some may hate that, but I love it. I am in charge of helping the pediatric clinic become more "baby friendly" so I help the residents learn how to assist in lactation.
2. I got to pretty much pick my hours.
3. I don't have to feel bad about charging mom's for lactation consults...because insurance pays for it! It's nice not having to do the finance side of a business but still get paid. Most of the time when I would see clients at my home, or their home, I wouldn't have the heart to charge them. I just couldn't do it!
4. I have a wonderful supervisor that is 110% my advocate.
5. Fun clinic, fun co-workers.
6. I love love love lactation. Seriously. I still remember the first time I helped a mom and her new baby. She had been struggling to feed her baby and she was about 2 weeks old-she didn't want to give up, but she just couldn't get that baby to latch and really I had never seen a FTF baby until then. It was almost scary. I remember praying that Heavenly Father would help me help this girl. We finally got her to latch, and baby started eating like crazy! She had NEVER had that happen before. She just started crying with happiness. It was the best feeling in the world. And That's when I knew I didn't want to do anything else!
7. Adam and my Mom have been so generous with their time, that they have both volunteered to take Olivia for a couple hours each week, while I go to this new job. That means Adam sacrifices some sleep each morning so he can go in earlier and get his 40 hours in, and still come home for one afternoon a week. And my mom does her best to work a little extra each day so that she can take off just a little early on Friday. It's so wonderful to have a family that supports my efforts to continue my career. Keeping my foot in the door and having a little something outside of my role as a mom helps me with my day to day.
9. It's way closer! and I get a bus pass for free, so I can always just hop on the bus to get to work. With one car, that really is a big deal.
10. Best of all, because it's only 8 hours a week, I get to have plenty of time to spend with Baby O. Can't get enough of her!
I'm still planning on keeping my other job in Ogden, because it's only a couple days a month, and I like the hospital. It's a great job-just really far away.
SO with this new job I should be an IBCLC in the next couple years....just love adding that alphabet soup behind my last name. :)
Olivia had discovered that she loves to color. It looks like she will be a righty, and I can't complain. I love being left handed, but it can be mighty inconvenient in a world of righty's. I'm waiting for the day that I find a masterpiece on the wall or carpet...time to move the pen drawer! (currently UNDERNEATH the desk.)
Oh, the ward Fall Festival was hosted by the primary. Aka the primary presidency. I was really glad when it was all over. I ended up making a big pumpkin on each end of the gym out of 150 balloons...do you know how long it takes for 1 person to blow up that many balloons!?! I am amazed I didn't have to call an ambulance. But it was all a big success despite the freezing weather that hit that day, and cut our trunk-or-treat portion early.
Olivia went trick-or-treating for the first time at foothill village. It was PACKED poor little O could hardly get in. But she would wait patiently for each attendant to hand her a piece of candy and then she would happily place it into her sack. It was a fun afternoon.
I made a shark costume for a friend. It was so cute! She came up with the idea, and then I just merely helped her piece it together via the sewing machine. Have I mentioned how much I love my sewing machine?
Over conference I made a advent calendar for Christmas. I will have to take a picture of it and put it up. It's my first one, and I think it will be an heirloom. :)
Adam was interviewed by a few newspapers on his paper that is just about to be published. It is a big relief to have it done, and a big gold star for his resume.
Adam is still 100% busy with his calling, and I hardly see him on Tuesday nights. I could say more here about that...but I won't. What I will say, is I'm glad that he takes his calling so seriously and really does all he can to bless the members of our ward. He has a good and kind heart.
We bought our ski passes. And though a part of me died when I saw that chunk come out of our savings I'm really glad we did it. Who knows were we could be in the next couple years, and we do get a pretty good deal since Adam is a student. We only have to go about 6 times and it's paid for itself, and we get the little perks of having a season pass-like free hot chocolate! (I'm a sucker for free.)
We are enjoying the 75 degree weather that is expected to go away this Friday and dump 1-3 feet of snow! WHAT. Ok, global warming is real. It's crazy weather! Seriously you could almost go swimming today, and Friday we could go skiing! Nuts.
Was that an update enough? Cough Cough...now someone else needs to go update their blog...you know who you are!
4 comments:
Loved your update! I feel like I just talked on the phone with you for an hour. The only thing missing is my "congratulations!" or "That's wonderful!" or "Oh, what great news!" after each of those little bullet points. So happy for you happy family.
Epic post! Sorry about the roseola. Jacob had that once when he was little. No fun at all. Congrats on the ski passes! I'm jealous.
Your lives are so NOT boring. Breathless in fact, just breathless. I'm guessing you're way happy. People who fill their lives with good things usually are.
I am def going to need all your wisdom! You are lovely.
Post a Comment