Whenever I tell someone how old Miss O is they follow it up with, "Oh so she's crawling then." Nope. And then they tell me I should be grateful. Well then stop making me feel like my child is behind by not meeting your standards of crawling age. Ok. I feel better now.
But really, it has made me try to be a little more patient and let her explore things on her tummy a little more and not swoop her up when she begins to fuss. If I place her on her knees she will rock back and forth, but hasn't motored off anywhere. She will also push herself backwards a little when she's on her tummy and of course she can scootch around in circles on her tummy.
It's coming. I can feel it. And I couldn't be more excited to have her mobile.

4 comments:
Love every minute of every day. She will grow up far too fast and you won't believe it until her wedding day.
She will crawl when she wants to. Olivia is so so beautiful. She will be running before you know it.
Each stage is fun. I think once my kids start rocking on their knees, crawling is still at least a couple weeks away. It's fun when they crawl, but it's also a little harder to keep watch and that's what mom's mean when they comment. Everyone is just so concerned about little O because she's just so dang cute! I think they are asking because they want to make sure she still can't crawl--this kid is growing up too fast.
It is hard when people say things and to not take them personally. I just went through that when Tyler seemed like he was late to potty train (but then later learned from pediatrician that he was pretty normal). I honestly stopped caring what people thought and just realized when my kid is ready, he is ready. Kids develop at different stages. For some milestones he was early, for some he was later. All that really matters is that they are loved. :-) You guys are great parents!
Post a Comment