Sunday, June 10, 2012

Buddy!

 We spent a day with Breann and Jence. During Jence's nap time Olivia enjoyed playing with "whale of a tale." (ha ha! Still love the name!) We never had one of these mats so this was quite entertaining for her. We have found that if we go somewhere we pick up a toy on the way in and it entertains her for the time we are at the store and then we can just be done with it there. Just like when we were little and we never had a powerwheels so we would ride them at Toys R Us until the batteries were low...or was I the only one that did that?
 Lovin' some peas and carrots. And look! Adam is in this one! Proof that we do actually make it into a picture once in a while.
 Olivia has insisted on feeding herself lately. Fine by me as long as it's before bath-time and your naked and on completely wipe-able surface.
  Olivia is starting to drop her little naps and nap for longer periods. I thought I wouldn't like it that way, but honestly it's great! The little ones when she was smaller were great because then I got rest during the day too, but this way I can actually get things accomplished...or at least have the time to (that doesn't mean it happens).
 I love this. It's silly I know, but they suddenly just looked over the exact same way. AWWWHHH! And the 600 paper plates in the background makes it even better. (Adam said the dishwasher's broke....Adam is the dishwasher...)
 Linus? No just Olivia. Olivia has 2 piano's now which she loves to pound on. Both were purchased for under a dollar. Thank you DI and garage sales and Clorox.
Flower Girl! Great (Great?) Aunt Ansje made these cute clips for her, obviously not to all be worn at once, but I couldn't resist. Ha ha! I love it.
 Flower Power
Olivia loves to spend time with her baby buddies. Jence is a month and a half younger than Olivia but they are already fast friends. It was so fun to watch them talk to each other.

Other memories to note as of late:

Saturday Sonic Doty Dates...geez! Why do I not have a picture with you guys on one of our outings yet?! Seriously. I think I spend more time with Danielle than Adam sometimes. Yay for friends close by.

Visits with Grandma Larsen. She is staying at a care center in Sandy. Her room is covered in sunflowers...she says she is so over them. Oh Grandma, we love you.

New swing for Olivia. The closest park with baby swings is about 2 miles away so yesterday I had a feeling Kid to Kid had a swing...sure enough my shopping radar was correct. Swing purchased and mounted in the backyard. Perfect.

Olivia has started to make a kissy face and smacking her lips together, she is also responding to her name more...It's wierd to think she will be a year in September!

I've been practicing my free-hand quilting foot and am getting a little better, I can write names ok, and can keep a pretty steady hand, but I need more practice on bigger projects.
I also have caught a reading bug and recently finished, What the Dog Saw, and The Weird Sisters. Really love the latter of the two, though both were worth reading.

Adam and his lab cohorts have submitted a paper for publication. He is currently also working on his Prelim's...that's all I can really say about that because anything else I say requires a higher vocabulary. :P something about motility...aka how single celled organisms move. He's such a smarty pants.

3 comments:

janc@mac.com said...

These are such cute photos. Of course, I am especially glad she's getting ready to study piano and already has two keyboards. Keep up the great work. You are such wonderful parents!

Saratoga Six said...

Cute pictures of Adam and Olivia together! I love her blue eyes. They are so pretty.

Blogful said...

what a nice update. We love your family