In 6th grade I had dreams of being on Broadway. I was a rockette in the school's performance of Annie. Well, those dreams died shortly after discovering the underworld that is music theory. I know some of my dearest relatives embrace music theory with open arms...but I can not. sorry. We aren't even going to get into all that, because now it's time to view A BILLON and one pictures of our little jaunt to NYC!
I tried so hard to keep her asleep, but the second we got out of the car until about 3 am she was WIDE awake. Ticking Time Bomb! (Which I did NOT say out loud at any point.) Amazingly she was very well mannered, hardly cried! YAY BABY!
Our welcome committee! Thanks Rebecca!
After some rest, we picked up Naters from school. He ran right past us! But then he realized we were there and was so excited!
We hung out at the park for a while after school so we could pick up Rebecca. It was such a fantastically beautiful day outside!
We dropped by a miniature store. Um, can we say amazing! Why is everything so much more enticing when it's miniaturized?
Dream mini kitchen
On our way to the Brooklyn Bridge. Loved all the blossoms. and orange cones.
walking to Brooklyn. Did you know my dad was born there? They lived on the Hudson!
Squirmy Swirly building.
Brooklyn!
She loved the waves, but don't go swimming!
Grandma!
Nate and Baby O. He wanted to hold her 24/7
We went all the way to Brooklyn to eat some FANTASTIC pizza. Simply Satisfying. They keep it simple and flat, and boy was it tasty! Grimaldi's is the name of the place, and if you ever get the chance go get pizza there!
Enjoying the carbs that were most certainly earned!
Ergo pack borrowed from Danielle. Thanks Lady!
Every morning Nate would give us a big hug and immediately ask if he could play on the Ipad. Well as long as you look this cute, ok.
Good Morning!
Dressed up for the day. A special day indeed as it was Lorinda's birthday!
Dylan's Candy Bar. WOW overpriced but so pretty.
After going to buy a sun hat for baby we headed to SERENDIPITY. Each bite was exquisite! I had the Summer Bries sandwich. WOW!
I had to get pretty much used to nursing everywhere. But being the breastfeeding advocate I am I was more than happy to. Everyone was very supportive, and gave me the room I needed, I didn't get one nasty look or remark from anyone, in fact I got a few, "way to go's" from a few ladies. Yay for the best nutrition out there!
THEN! LINDSEY! ARRIVED!
The Chocolate Sundae was amazing, as seen on Nate's face. Such a ham.
Best Friends.
Fifth Ave
Park Ave Hotel
Apple for Adam
Playing with my own bitty baby at the American Girl Store. Don't worry we got one for her too. She was going crazy over all the baby dolls.
Probably my favorite pic of the whole trip. Both of them are just so happy! AND I love that the back wall says New found friends, from different worlds. Not that different, but pretty far away...I'm so glad Lindsey came for the weekend!
Admiring the outrageously priced doll clothing. Why do we swoon over it so much? Oh yeah, miniature effect.
Not for sale.
How much is that baby in the window?
Our only picture from Shake Shack. WOW. ANOTHER BEST FOOD SPOT EVER! Totally beats out Five Guys.
After seeing Hunger Games (wow) we popped down to Time Square. It was about 10pm and bright as mid day!
Our tickets to Mary Poppins almost didn't happen! We went to get them the day before, and they didn't have any at the Ticket Booth. (A last minute 30-50% off place to buy tickets to fill seats) But the next morning they had them posted so off we went. It was so magical!
Waiting for the show to start, Row 9! Almost center!
Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane.
The Play was similar to the Disney production but not exact. There was one part that was completely different where they go learn about words. The costumes were stupendous!
The Bank's Butler and Mom
Even the theater was magical
It was a fantastic show, that I would go to again and again!
Lindsey and Olivia became best of friends during the Play. Thanks again for watching her!
LDS Temple
9/11 Memorial
The tree that lived. Interestingly enough it was the only one with blossoms this early in the year.
Pondering
Mom's turn
Striated water to mimic the towers.
It was a very very cold day.
Firemen.
probably the most touching part of our visit to the memorial and surrounding blocks was the church the firemen slept in for little breaks as they devoted service for days on end.
Those scuff marks are sacred.
Peering over the edge
The new buildings
flowers for the fallen
After a scrumptious dinner provided by the Belnaps we rested.
Caroline and Baby
Such a intelligent young lady.
Um, did we get every color of the rainbow in this picture? Pretty close. Thanks man in the subway for taking our picture even though I look like a crazy.
Another favorite photo.
Bundled up for another day on the town
Empire State.
Flat Iron.
Why did the chicken cross the road? To offer itself as sacrifice to Hill Country Chicken. Where chicken is done right. No chicken dies in vain here. Still drooling a little thinking about it...
Good Will Souvenir. (We also found a Britax child carseat for $80...BRAND SPANKIN' NEW! retails over $200.)
City Chill! If we weren't taking the subway I might have bought one right then.
Coll FDNY door.
Union square, catching some rays after a milk meal.
Employment.
Olivia in her 'bubble'
New York Crazy couple that were made for each other. (left-man, right-woman)
At the Belnaps after a long day
You would NOT believe how fast this woman can walk on crowded streets! And a wiz at navigating the subway with a stroller
Favorite Kitchen store from here on out. and they're online too!
Taking the kiddies to school!
Marshmallow baby.
Date with Spency!
Beautiful flowers
Rockefeller
NBC Studios
My own page. :) She took us behind the scenes at NBC.
The Rock Plaza
GE building
The Christmas tree spot
You can, in fact, fit a Mclaren into a revolving door
At the Library
Macy's Flower Show just happened to be in town when we were there. So cool! And smelled divine!
The theme was RIO And all the flowers were from Brazil
These were life savers. And no mess!
Winnie the Pooh Originals. New character, Lollie the otter in the back.
Church, 3 blocks from home!
Cuppy Cakes.
It was such a fun trip. Good food, good exercise, wonderful sites. And most importantly wonderful friends and family.
Riding on the plane. She did such a good job!
We got a special welcome home. Missed you too!
Are you tired yet? Wow that was a ton of pictures. time for a nap.
































































































10 comments:
I am so jealous of your AWESOME vacation! I loved looking at all your pictures. I am glad all went well and that you were able to see so many fun things while you were there!
Oh my gosh it looks like you had so much fun! I am so consulting you if we ever go on an NYC trip!!
Love all of the pics! it looks like you guys had a wonderful time!
What a fabulous tour of pictures. Thanks for taking all the time it must have taken to download it all. I loved seeing all your adventures! I loved seeing so many smiles on Olivia.
I AM tired. What a great trip. So much fun. It made me think to tell you that we have a bjorn that you are welcome to borrow while you are here SOON!!
Yay for a trip to NYC! We stayed at a hotel right next to Hill Country Chicken. It looks like you guys had a great time. And that Olivia! She's getting so big!
Wow!!! I had SO much fun looking at all of your photos of a city which I have wanted to visit all my life! How fun and perfect that you had friends (?) family (?) there to give you the perfect tour. How fun!!
Wow what a great trip! You were crazy busy. Looks like you saw it all, and Olivia did really well too. SO glad that you have an Aunt there to show you around!
That was incredible! I feel like I've just visited NY for my first time and seen way more than I could in 2 weeks. Looks like fun reunions and memories were made. LOVED IT!!
This looks amazing! Can I just say that I'm so impressed that you did this with a baby and no husband? You are incredible. All the food looks so good. Good food is seriously my favorite part about traveling!
Post a Comment