SUSHI NIGHT!
A couple weeks ago we went to the Smathers' residence for some sushi makin' fun. It wasn't too hard and MAN was it delicious! We added all sorts of things, and the best part is all of the food was "safe." (raw sushi handling for first timers isn't ideal...plus as seen below, a few girlies were prego.)
The only rule of the evening was everyone had to name their sushi roll. We had the The Hulk, Tootie Fruitie, Jennifer...it was great.
So good!
Paige and Baby bump prepping
Roll that sushi
Some of the inserts... It was so good!
Sushi tips for the future:
Have the knife clean and wet when cutting through sushi, use a sawing motion.
Get creative, use fruits and other creative flavors-cilantro, grapes, apples, onion...you'll be surprised!
Use medium grain sushi rice from your neighborhood Asian market...regular long or short grain rice won't do.
Use this in the rice to make it sticky




4 comments:
I spent about 30 minutes following links from this page on how to make sushi and sushi rice. Sounds yummy!
I LOVE sushi... at least the eating it part. Maybe I could learn to love the rolling part as well. Come teach a master class at our house!
Looks very yum. We did this with friends once. It was awesome.
Trent would love it if I learned to make sushi, how did you learn and where did you find the tools??
Post a Comment