I'm in love. If you are ever moved to buy me flowers, or anything for that matter-make it fabric.
I got a couple bigger pieces of the grey and white of the one above. I couldn't find the pink one for the right price. But aren't they just charming? Little swing girls. Love.
I always struggle with what I should get now, because it might not be there tomorrow, but it may be and tomorrow it will be on sale. Oh the agony! It's a inner struggle every time I step into a quilt shop.
Also-note to self: did you know that walmart will buy patterns from companies and then print it on weaker fabric? So if you see a pattern you've seen at a quality quilt shop and think to yourself, "hey ya! What a deal!"-double check it, it's probably a thinner, weaker fabric, and you wouldn't want to mix it up with quality fabrics, especially on a heirloom quilt.
Quote of the day:
Fabrics are like flowers that never wilt.
-Me

4 comments:
When I see cute fabrics that are super cheap, I hold them up to the light and if you can see through them you know they are prints on thin, low-thread count fabric.
I really loved a line called Dick and Jane and I didn't buy any of it when I first saw it all together and coordinating. Then I got a yard from my MIL and then my quilt shop only carried two of the 5 in the series and I WISH I had bought more in the first place. BUT. I am also glad that I was wise with my money. My fabric drawer is bursting at the seams and I told myself I will not buy more fabric unless I have a specific project in mind. I *finally* made a bag out of a piece of fabric I bought years ago "that would be perfect for a bag." Better get sewing!
My favorite place to buy fabric is the Fabric Shop on etsy.com . We need to have a sewing part!
Darling fabric! Have fun with your projects.
Post a Comment