Last Tuesday I was feeling quite adventurous and after running some errands I decided to take Olivia to the movies. Just me and her. Bonus, Tuesdays are the cheap days at the dollar theater. (but it was still more than a dollar...what is going on!?) I went up to the ticket booth to inquire if I could bring a baby to a movie. They responded, "Of course! She's free." So I said, "Oh so I should ALWAYS bring a baby to the movie with me!" Har Har. The ticket lady then motioned to someone behind me to follow me in and help me with the doors, they also informed me that if Olivia got too fussy I was more than welcome to come and ask for a refund. Wow. Who knew the dollar theater had such great service.
We saw We Bought A Zoo, which was actually fantastic. I thought it would be dumb but I thoroughly enjoyed it. I watched the last 2 minutes peeking through the window looking at half the screen because Olivia decided it was time to go, but we made it through and I saw (almost) the whole movie. So baby, first official mother/daughter date. Check.
Fav Quote from the movie:
You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it.

2 comments:
We actually went to the movies quite a bit when Tytyn was younger, he always did really well! We were able to go until he was about a year old then he didn't want anything to do with that anymore lol, but it was nice to be able to sort of have a date and not find a babysitter! Thanks for the recommendation I'll have to rent that one when it comes out!
Imagine that! You have more bravery than a den of lions. I thought I was an adventurous mom (way back when) but I was never that wild and adventurous.
Post a Comment