Baby loves broccoli.
First Turkey ever. Cooking with meat always makes me nervous. #1 because meat is expensive. #2 If it's not done right you can get sick. But this one pretty much walked itself into the oven and cooked itself. All I did was rub it down with 2 TBSP of butta' and put rosemary, thyme and some marjoram on top. Cooked it at 425 for an hour and then 350 for 3 more hours. It was really really good. We shared it with Grandma Larsen and Mom and Dad Clayton. Thanks for coming guys!
Tips I've learned over the years when cooking with meat:
1. Just let it alone. If you are checking on it all the time the temp with flux and could potentially ruin it. Have faith that everything in there is fine.2. Put a baking sheet under your pan so juices don't get all over the oven.
3. When in doubt temp it. One day I will invest in a digital instant read thermometer.
4. Remember it will continue to cook once removed from the heat and come up another 3-5 degrees so if it's just under the recommended cooking temp it's probably ok.
It's almost like art.




4 comments:
I'm coming over!
I can vouch for that being one delicious turkey dinner. I also like the looks of the shrimp pizza. Perhaps it is loosely related to shrimp Alfredo -- your hubby's favorite meal.
You sure have a knack for homemaking skills. Way to perfect turkey on the first try!
You sure have a knack for homemaking skills. Way to perfect turkey on the first try!
Post a Comment