Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year

Olivia in her new outfit from Janie and Jack, she (I) got it for Christmas and LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Anything smocked is ok in my book.
Excuse the mess in the background, but this is the shirt I made/improved for New Year's. I actually ended up putting two ruffles on the top, but it turns out we never took a picture of the final product.

We went to Carlin and Dave's for New Years and made yummy pizzas. I started raiding the vegetable plate to pump up my pizza, and everyone else followed suit. They were an especially scrumptious treat to ring in the new year.
Jaren and Amberly and their new little babe Xochi, were able to come too! She's only 4 weeks old here!
Kellie would like me to note this is not her baby so as not to confuse in future years...It's Xochi, but she makes a pretty good mommy!
Olivia was obviously in the mood to party.

We spent most of the night lounging and playing Kinect. It is soo much fun!
Olivia 3 months, Xochi 1 month. They get big so freakin' fast!
Note, Olivia is wearing her "party animal" jammers.
Adam dominating a Kinect dance off.
Then, since there still wasn't any snow on the ground, we had a couple Kinect ski races as well. Here is Brady and Kendra's friend (who I can't recall the name of right now...sorry!) skiing!
Avatar racers!
Xochi, look at all that hair and big eyes. She is a very content little one.
They both look a little mad that there was baby competition, Olivia was kind of tired that night, so Xochi got to be held the most.
Olivia with her Papa.
Ok, I know this isn't the focal point of the picture, but look at Amberly's nails! To die for! I wish my nails looked like that!
Practicing our New Year's kiss...but wait...
Something went terribly wrong. Notice the projectile coming out of Olivia's mouth? Yes that is spit up. And yes, it landed right in my mouth. GROSS. May this happen again if a boy ever tries to kiss her without her consent. (or mine and her dad's for that matter!)
But we got all cleaned up and all was ok. Being a mom can be gross sometimes, but doesn't that little face make it all worth it?

Happy New Year Everyone! May 2012 be kind to us all!

5 comments:

Blogful said...

I was so excited about this picture-heavy post until I saw the GROSSEST THING EVER! Can't believe you caught it on film. Ha ha!

janc@mac.com said...

That spit up picture could take a laugh on "America's funniest home-still shots!" I loved your cute reaction to it. Olivia is such a doll. She steals the show in every picture.

Adam said...

Kinect fun; projectile spit up, not so fun. Overall it was a fun way to ring in the new year!

Katie said...

oh wow. i think i just threw up a little in my mouth seeing cute olivia spitting up into your mouth. You are an awesome mom...but yes, i can see how her cuteness could make that little incident somewhat forgivable. :)

Saratoga Six said...

Never before caught on camera! Way to party hard.