Seeing the movie last night could be our last date before the baby comes. (weird) We started off the evening stuffing our faces at Chuck-A-Rama. Usually I would choke at the thought of buffet food, but I was starving and it was the ONLY thing that sounded good. I lost 2 lbs since my last appt, and though that's not justification of stuffing on super amounts of calories and sodium, it sure did taste good. I'm pretty sure I ate enough for 3 or 4 people. I've said it before and I'll say it again, sometimes you just need to eat for the soul and throw the rule books out.
We also found out that I have dilated 3cm and am 70% effaced as of yesterday. I know we said we would try to hold on until Mom and Dad Clayton get back from Florida, but there is a good chance we won't make it that long. I have been mildly contracting for the past day, but this morning I'm fine, so who knows. I may just jinks it long enough to make it. The doctor just laughs at us when we say we are ready and want her here now! He said if it was our second we would be begging to keep her in there a little longer, apparently it's easier to take care of them enutero. Whatever, what do doctors and every other mother in the world know. :)
NOW seriously if you haven't gone and seen The Help, GO! GET UP! NOW!
and remember....
"You is Kind, You is Smart, You is Important."

3 comments:
Sounds like you might have the baby before they get here! YAY! I will be sad you won't have them to help out though. Babies are a blessing. Haven;t seen the movie. I'll have to go check it out.
I think I lost weight the last 2 weeks too. Ripe and ready!
We're praying for you that all will go well whether we're here or not. We are excited that you are progressing nicely already. (You're better progressed than I was on my first on his due date.)
Heyah... they are kinda easier when they're inside, but you'll feel 100% better not carrying all that baby and water around 24/7!! I'll have to see The Help before too long. And maybe have to BE your Help if you deliver before Mom and Dad get back!! Good luck to you guys. Can't wait to meet her. ;-)
Post a Comment