| It even got into the kitchen, here is the wall behind the stove |
![]() |
| As you can see, minimal damage really. Count your blessings!!! |
| Carpet dries faster when you are watching it |
![]() |
| The new water heater...$1600 later. |
| The other 1/2 of the basement...this currently isn't ours, but it will be soon! |
Anyways, we got a call from our sweet little landlady informing us there was a flood. Adam was the one she called so I was getting all of it second hand. I thought we had a foot of flooding. YIPPEE. So we packed up quick and hauled back down to our apartment to assess the damage. I was super worried for 2 reasons-# 1 ALL my clothes were on the floor of the bedroom...folded mind you...but on the floor. #2 Our bed is directly on the floor as we have not bought a bed frame as of yet. Well when we pulled in it wasn't bad at all. Most of the flooding had actually drifted to the other side of the basement, so we only got a little bit. It basically just seeped into our side and saturated the carpet for about a foot out from the wall. Also, because I know you were worried about this, all my clothes were fine. They didn't even get wet. so there you have it. We lived through our first "disaster."


5 comments:
Did you have to pay for the water heater? That's lame. You're just renting! So glad you survived the flood. No fun!
So glad to hear that the damage wasn't as bad as you expected. But bummer that it happened at all. That is great news that you will soon get the other half of the basement! More room for baby! :) I am excited for you guys.
I'm really excited to hear that you're going to get that nice big room on the other half of the basement. You need it! Also, I hope you didn't need to py for the water heater! You're renters not homeowners. You are being blessed for all your goodness -- floodng damage so minimal. Love you.
Don't worry everyone. We didn't have to pay for anything, we are just having to coordinate it all since our landlady has a hard time dealing with all the logistics, it's all good!
Sheesh! Time to build the ark! Glad to hear it wasn't too bad and you'll be getting more space soon. That'll be nice!
Post a Comment