Saturday, March 19, 2011

13 Weeks...



Well all seems well with baby development. Jessica isn't quite showing yet, but we're guessing she will start showing in the next weeks so we'll keep you updated. In other news Jessica's internship is still progressing well. She is still in food service working for Granite School District and on Monday she and I will be teaching 8th graders about vitamins and nutrition. She has two weeks left in this rotation and then she will move to the downtown WIC.
I am in my fourth and final rotation working with E. coli and how they move again, only instead of working on the flagellum like before I'm doing a project that involves the bacteria's ability to sense different things in the environment and adjust it movement accordingly. In other words, I'm studying the bacterial "nose" and how they smell good and bad signals around them and swim towards the good and away from the bad.

9 comments:

Blogful said...

Your lives are so interesting! I love that you're showing, Adam. So thoughtful. Your beautiful wife looks like nada! Sharon lent me a book last weekend that I am loving called The Mother's Almanac. BOY do I wish I had read it when I was pregnant. Might want to pick it up at your library? Who knew bacteria had noses! I always learn so much every time I read your blog.

Blogful said...

I just noticed, is that your cute star shirt you made? DARLING!

Heidi said...

Darling!! What a great idea to show Adam too. You look darling, Jessica!

janc@mac.com said...

Jessica, you look more beautiful everyday (if that's possible). Pregnancy is good for you. Adam, you are looking well fed and handsome as well. Love the T-shirt everyone is talking about. All your sewing skills will come in handy when you have a little one to sew for. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Annie said...

You both look so well! :) I love the updates on how you are progressing. Wow, Adam I am very impressed with your projects.
Also, good luck with the 8th graders today! I coulda given you a few pointers how to keep them in line, but I am sure you will be just fine! :)

Saratoga Six said...

Darling pictures! That's so great Jessica will be all done with her internship in time for the baby. Good work with the bacteria too Adam. I can sure smell the e coli in my boy's bathroom...

bugnose7 said...

Adam you are showing already. You are looking well fed. You are lucky to have a wife that is an expert with food.

drans007 said...

You da man Adam! Congrats that all is well and whatever you are studying it is sure awesome.

Dangcutekids said...

Finally over that first trimester! What a relief. You both looks great. Treasure those pounds Adam, they are signs of a healthy family! Jessica you look fabulous! What a lucky little baby.