Christmas! Though we have had the tree up since before Thanksgiving, we haven't completed it's decoration until now. The ribbon is something new for us, and with cats not climbing the tree this year we had a no worry in going all out decking the halls. :) We have about a foot of snow outside. More snow than PC right now! The benches just get hit hard. But we love it. We even went sledding this weekend. Sorry there are no pictures of that!

Today I found some awesome felt scraps and thought I would make a nativity scene out of it. The scraps came from a little quilting store in Sandy (about 80th and State) named Quilts Etc. I have been looking for cute felt colors forever! I got inspired after going to the SLC Farmer's Market and saw some felt blanket mosaics. I didn't think it would be so hard to find good felt but most shops just carry primary colors and neon. So I was ecstatic to find these colors.
The entire cost of this project= $5.00. And I still have scraps to spare. I lucked out on the colors that were in the bag and the sizes of the scraps. It's not complete yet since I don't have any fabric glue or matching thread, but at least the creation part is complete. I initially thought I would make it in to a pillow, but I think I might go get a larger piece of felt to put it on and make it into a advent calendar topping maybe? I thought about adding eyes but Adam liked the blank faces. The more I look at it I do too. It makes you focus on the purpose of the picture rather than the subjects. Anyways, hope you like it!
The Lord has certainly blessed our lives for the past year and (almost) a half. Can you believe this is our second Christmas!?
3 comments:
This is so darling. What a creative girl you are!
I love the nativity scene that you made, so crafty! Also, Happy 2nd Christmas together! :) And I loved looking at the pictures of you when you were little on the other blog post. Such a cute little girl!
How amazingly creative of you! It looks so cute and professional. I never had the talent with fabric.
Post a Comment