Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor of Desolation

Did you know that Labor day went from being proposed to legislation to being a national holiday in just six days? (Thanks Wikipedia)
So after our morning of yard work Jessica proposed going for a hike up Millcreek Canyon. I wasn't so excited to go, but I'm glad she pushed me to come. She found a hike called "Desolation Trail." You may have the same reaction I had..."Hot summer day, desolation trail...why do I get the feeling this might not be the best idea?" Needless to say it was a cool day in the canyon, and very close to home, so a great day for a hike.

This is us driving to the trailhead wearing our stylish $5 sunglasses from a 4th of July fair. It was a 2.8 mile hike, so it makes you break a sweat.

So I pretended to cross this big log on the way up.

We found a dangerously pointy looking rock to pose on at the summit.

Awwwww....you can see the Salt Lake valley behind us so you get pretty high up in a short time.

Jessica is so strong she made it all the way up by herself. And on the way out she actually crawled across the log that I fake crossed on the way in.

Ewww good thing no one was around for our kissing.

6 comments:

Blogful said...

You guys are so fun. Glad you're having adventures--even if they are just the ones in your back yard.

janc@mac.com said...

That's pretty amazing to have peak views like that in ONLY 2.8 miles. You are amazingly good-looking and buff. Love the pictures. More...More...More!

Saratoga Six said...

Hey! I was hiking in Millcreek on Labor Day too! Except I was on the Little Water trail at the top of the road. Your hike looks pretty awesome!

Dan Clayton said...

Ive camped at desolation lake at the end of that trail. I love it.

drans007 said...

Great pictures. I'm so glad you are great bloggers. We love to share your life.

Dangcutekids said...

Cute pictures looks like a great adventure for Labor Day. You guys are buff!