Sunday, July 18, 2010

Adam's 26th Birthday




Well one thing will never change...getting older...
Adam turned 26 this year! WOOT. We didn't have too much planned since we kind of combined our anniversary with his b-day...that was his idea...but in my book birthdays need to have an event of their own.
When we came home from church on Sunday I started making an exorbitant amount of food while the birthday boy lounged playing a video game. I was in the kitchen for hours and just as I was finishing Adam comes in and asks me what the heck I am doing? Are we feeding an army. I said don't worry about it and sent him back to his command station.
A few minutes later I told him he had to hide in the back room and then I made it sound like tons of people were coming into the house opening and shutting the door and shhhing "people" and telling them to hide. :)
I then brought Adam out and I'm sure he thought people were in the front living room so he followed me slowly out with a blind fold on and a big grin on his face. HA HA! I CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
So when he didn't hear a SURPRISE as we entered the front room he looked a little confused. I took him to the car, where I had packed all the stuff while he was in the back room, and took him on a car ride that probably felt like unto Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
We made our way up to Nun's park were my family had arrived...almost exclusively on time! A BIRTHDAY MIRACLE!
I left Adam in the car one more time with music blaring. He was so lost...he he he. I set up the picnic with the family and then lead him over...SURPRISE! Oh, Kyle and Michelle Owens were there as well...I told him they came just for him, but really it was just a lucky coincidence.
We hiked up to Bridal Veil Falls and all ate food and delicious cupcakes. It was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Blogful said...

Can I be married to you when it's my birthday? HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADAM! (In July)

drans007 said...

You guys and your creative blindfolded wonderful celebrations. I feel special just reading about it all.

Saratoga Six said...

All these new posts are wonderful!! And a big Happy Birthday to you Adam! Way to marry a woman who treats you so big on your special day! You guys are having a blast! Cool posters too Jessica!